Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

How much space should ProSet/Wireless take on disk?

LRobi1
Beginner

My computer is constantly telling me I have no disk space. I have removed program after program, batches of large files, and it shows I have a couple gigs free, then I save a doc and I get another message that says no space on disk. My Intel PROSet/Wireless Software is showing it takes 357 MB, but the download site shows it should be only 90 something MBs. It seems to be growing, so I'm wondering--is this normal? Should I remove and reinstall? It looks like I have Intel Dual Band WIreless-AC7260 (18.33.6.2) and Intel Ethernet Connection I217-V (12.15.23.7).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello LWolf

Thank you for reaching the Intel(R) Communities.

I understand you would like to check how much space should the driver take from your system.

The MBs used seem to be alright, but let me get this routed to the proper forum support so it can be handled by one of our wired connections experts.

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi LWolf,

Thank you for the inquiry. Please be informed I will forward your inquiry to the correct support team- Wireless forum.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
Junior_M_Intel
Employee

Hi LWolf,

We understand you would like to know why the Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software is showing it takes 357 MB on your system.

We would like to let you know that this is normal due to the logs the Proset creates on the system. If you want to save some space, you can perform a https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000022173.html clean installation of the Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software.

Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with.

Regards,

0 Kudos