Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Sample (YOR) Your Object Recognition code available?

SSchm9
Beginner

Hi,

Working with the following:

ZR300 Camera

Ubuntu 16.04

QT - CMake

------------------------------------------------------

Does anybody have sample code with the (YOR) tools applied and working - i.e. with master_sample or_tutorial_1_gui or other. When applying the recommendations made from the Intel YOR resource page. https://software.intel.com/en-us/documentation/realsense-for-linux-developers-guide/developing-apps .Developing Apps with Object Library | Intel® Software ... I continually have build issues. It is not as intuitive as it appears on this site and there seems to be no other references out on the internet.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi sschmelz,

Thanks for reaching out.

In regards to the YOR Tool, all the information available can be found here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/documentation/realsense-for-linux-developers-guide Intel® RealSense™ for Linux - Object Library Developer's Guide. Additionally, you can take a look at this discussion for more details about the YOR Tool: /message/477395# 477395 Training for Localization. I understand you have tried the instructions indicated in the guide, however, if you can provide us with the steps you are trying and information regarding the issues you are getting, I or a community member could try to help you with that.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
SSchm9
Beginner

Hi Yermi,

Thanks for getting back. I was able to diagnose the issues with our YOR Tool implementation and now able to run it in-line with our recommended or_tutorial_01-gui code. Seems to work as expected.

However, recognizing that the YOR Tool is for testing purposes only and there are issues addressing scalebility/processing speed, is there a way to build our own classifier data file???

Or better yet, is there a recommendation to best implement a training process for objects that will work in-line with the or_pt_tutorial_web_1…. (Multi-person / Multi-Object).

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no further information available for the YOR tool. The RealSense ZR300 camera and its software stack are discontinued and support is minimal.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I just wanted to confirm the correctness of Yermi's statement. A 'discontinuation' notice has been issued for the ZR300 due to the impending release of the D435 camera model and the focusing of Intel's SDK development resources on the cross-platform RealSense SDK 2.0. I only learned about the notice myself yesterday after doing my own investigation into the matter.

0 Kudos
SSchm9
Beginner

Marty and Yemi,

That update is very disappointing, being that I have not had the camera for more than 2 weeks and it was recommended for our development efforts. This seems to be a reoccurring issue for Intel Realsesnse products and development tools.

How would I go about replacing my zr300 camera for a D435 and minimizing downtime on our development efforts?

Appreciate the help,

S.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I can completely understand your feelings about the matter. I only learned about the discontinuation notice a couple of days ago and had no knowledge of the product line ending before that time.

The general release window for the D435 is "October". I do not have a precise date to give you, unfortunately. As you purchased your camera less than 90 days ago, you may be able to claim a refund by contacting the Click store at mailto:click.support@intel.com click.support@intel.com to begin filing a claim.

If you did not purchase your ZR300 from the Click store then you should contact the retailer that you purchased it from.

0 Kudos