Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

pxe-e01: pci vendor and device IDs do not match

ac19
Beginner

what does it mean?

my mainboard is w2600cr .

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Sr,

Could you detail a bit more where did you get this error from? Is it showing during boot? If this is the case then you need to follow this article https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000007049.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000007049.html

If this is not the case please provide more info and we will be glad to assist you.

Regards

Jose H.
0 Kudos
ac19
Beginner

it is during boot , i am ckecking up the url above now .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

You could try disabling the PXE boot NIC option under BIOS.

Regards

Jose H.
0 Kudos
ac19
Beginner

it is during boot BIOS POST phase , doesn't look like soft boot agent thing .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

In that case could you please provide the current BIOS version installed, memory and CPU configurations, PCI devices attached and any other information you consider relevant.

If you could perform a BIOS default procedure (F9) please do and let us know the outcome.

Will be waiting for your updates.

Jose H.
0 Kudos
ac19
Beginner

this might be the thing you mentioned , i am trying your advices .

and i use 2 or 3 GPUs always , besides a quadro P2000 , there is a quadro K620 ; and before my K5200 went wrong , i used quadro K5200+K620+K80 combination , running adobe premiere pro cs6 with 6 monitors .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Well, this info you provided is certainly useful but was not exactly what I was referring to.

What I suggest is to disable the PXE boot network device under BIOS > Advanced Boot Options > Legacy Network Device Order, try disabling whatever you find there.

Let me know how it goes.

Jose H.
0 Kudos
ac19
Beginner

well i have looked through my BIOS setup menu , there is no "boot maintenance" sort of entry , and those options look for group coworking machines , and mine is single isolated platform .

so far my machine can just live with that bug and run normally , i just leave it there .

thank you very much for your help in any way .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I will continue researching on this and will update you if I find something.

Thanks for contacting us.

Jose H.
0 Kudos