Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

"No signal" after Intel driver update via Windows update

BSand6
Beginner

Hi there,

I'm running a desktop computer with ASrock Z77 Pro4 mainboard and an Intel CPU with integrated graphics (i5-3470). I'm using an GTX 660 for gaming via displayport. Using 1 monitor, everything was working nicely. Running Windows 10, so far no issues.

The day before yesterday Windows did an Intel driver update. After a reboot I see the BIOS/UEFI screen and the windows logo, but at the moment the login should be displayed, I get a "no signal" message from my monitor. I even hear the starting sound.

As it turned out, I could connect my monitor via HDMI to the mainboard HDMI out using the Intel integrated graphics.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the nvidia drivers - no luck, don't get a windows screen from my dedicated graphics card.

I tried removing the Intel graphics driver completely from Windows - no luck, Windows is still not using the nvidia card!

Please provide me with a fixed driver so I can use my graphics card again!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mav2000ger,

I understand that after Windows* installed an Intel graphics driver update your GTX 660 graphics card is no longer giving you signal.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .xml file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Do you have the motherboard BIOS configured to use both video cards at the same time?

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
BSand6
Beginner

Hi Fred,

I did so an updated the Intel drivers with it. Had no luck. BUT I fixed it. I tried connecting the GTX 660 graphics via HDMI to my monitor and it worked! Then I googled for the Displayport problem and a few hits later I found out that I had to disconnect my monitor (a pretty new ASUS monitor) for about 1 min from power. And viola! I get a signal from my card!

The guy I was reading about also has an ASUS screen...seems the DP does not react well to driver updates...

Thanks anyway and I hope this helps other people as well!!

Have a nice day,

mav2000ger

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mav2000ger,

I am glad to hear the issue has been fixed.

Do not hesitate to contact us again if you need anything else.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos