Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander

SCS web service

idata
Employee

Hi everyone,

I have seen, in a software that can manage AMT machines, a reference to a "SCS Web service" URL that could be used to retrieve a list of AMT devices that the SCS is aware of.. does anyone know if this feature (still) exists, and if yes, how it can be configured? I didn't find anything resembling this in the Intel documentation, or in my SCS installation.

All I found from the Intel documentation was a reference to an AMTConfServer.exe, which I don't have.. I installed the SCS 11.1 from a SCS_download_package_11.1.0.75 downloaded from Intel, installed it from the RCS folder, and under Program Files I have a folder Intel containing Console, License, and Service. No AMTConfServer. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MichaelA_Intel

Hello Anitallica,

A few years ago, we had a utility called AMTConfServer.exe, however, it was replaced with RCSServer.exe. To retrieve a list of AMT devices that SCS is aware of, SCS needs to be installed in database mode and you're running as a user that has rights to the Intel_RCS_Systems namespace, you can query WMI for this information directly using Powershell:

Get-WmiObject -computername = "RCSFQDN" -Namespace Root\Intel_RCS_Systems -Class RCS_AMT | where {$_.AMTFqdn -like "*.DOMAINSUFFIX"} | Format-Table AMTFqdn, AMTVersion

(Alternatively, easier to see) Get-WmiObject -computername = "RCSFQDN" -Namespace Root\Intel_RCS_Systems -Class RCS_AMT | where {$_.AMTFqdn -like "*.DOMAINSUFFIX"} | Format-Table AMTFqdn, AMTVersion

Please let us know if this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelA_Intel

Hello Anitallica,

A few years ago, we had a utility called AMTConfServer.exe, however, it was replaced with RCSServer.exe. To retrieve a list of AMT devices that SCS is aware of, SCS needs to be installed in database mode and you're running as a user that has rights to the Intel_RCS_Systems namespace, you can query WMI for this information directly using Powershell:

Get-WmiObject -computername = "RCSFQDN" -Namespace Root\Intel_RCS_Systems -Class RCS_AMT | where {$_.AMTFqdn -like "*.DOMAINSUFFIX"} | Format-Table AMTFqdn, AMTVersion

(Alternatively, easier to see) Get-WmiObject -computername = "RCSFQDN" -Namespace Root\Intel_RCS_Systems -Class RCS_AMT | where {$_.AMTFqdn -like "*.DOMAINSUFFIX"} | Format-Table AMTFqdn, AMTVersion

Please let us know if this helps.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Michael,

I was hoping there would still be a way similar to the old AMTConfServer.exe web interface, since we already have an implementation for that.. is there any documentation on how that old web interface looked like, and what it displayed?

For the new RCSServer.exe, is there any other way to get the machine list, other than querying WMI?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MichaelA_Intel

Anitallica

Hello Anitallica,

My apologies for the delayed response, it's not without reason. I've reached out internally for anything related to AMTConfServer.exe and i have had no luck. And I am not aware of an alternative method of querying WMI.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

No worries Michael, thank you very much for your effort!

Best regards,

Anita

0 Kudos