Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

popping sound while playing mkv movies

BOwen
Beginner

Hi, when using the HDMI intel graphics audio port I hear an ever so often popping sound while playing mkv movies with both media players, MPC and Power DVD. What could be the problem? thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Joeblow656,

I understand you are getting a popping sound while playing MKV videos.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .xml file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Does the issue happen when you play MKV videos only?

What type of sound is that? Is that the same sound you hear when you plug a flash drive into an USB port?

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Fred
BOwen
Beginner

Hi, I'm out of town right now, but I will answer what I can about my htpc. It will also do it when playing a bluray. Not sure about a flash drive. I did reinstall a fresh copy of windows 10. Also, when using the hdmi port on my amd card, no issues. I believe it is the motherboard and not the drivers, but I'm open for suggestion. Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Joeblow656,

Thanks for the additional details you are providing to us.

As soon as you can please attach the Intel® System Support Utility so I check the issue further.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
BOwen
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Joeblow656,

I was wondering if you still need assistance regarding the popping sound you are getting while playing .mkv movies. In case you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
BOwen
Beginner

Oic, sry for taking so long to reply, I was able fix my popping by upgrading the HDMI firmware on asrock z270 fatal1ty gaming ac/itx motherboard. This was a blessing from the Lord for sure as they didn't have the firmware posted on their site before I sent it off to be replaced. Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Joeblow656,

I am glad to hear the issue has been fixed. Do not hesitate to contact us back if you have any other inquiry.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos