Items with no label
3335 Discussions

realsense_sdk: Linking CXX executable rs_projection_tool error

CEise
Novice

OS: Ubuntu 16.04...kernel downgraded to 4.4 for librealsense patch

Dependencies: All installed successfully (or at least appeared to) per the web instructions; OpenCV 3.1 installed

When compiling the realsense_sdk I get the following error message

Error Message:

[65%] Linking CXX executable rs_projection_tool

../../core/image/librealsense_image.so.0.7.2: undefined reference to 'cv::String::deallocate*()'

../../core/image/librealsense_image.so.0.7.2: undefined reference to 'cv::error(int, cv::String const&, char const*, char const*, int)'

../../core/image/librealsense_image.so.0.7.2: undefined reference to 'cv::String::allocate(unsigned long)'

../../core/image/librealsense_image.so.0.7.2: undefined reference to 'cv::applyColorMap(cv::_InputArray const&, cv::_OutputArray const&, int)'

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

sdk/src/tools/projection_tool/CMakeFiles/rs_projection_tool.dir/build.make:128: recipe for target 'sdk/src/tools/projection_toolrs_projection_tool' failed

make[2]: *** [sdk/src/tools/projection_tool/rs_projection_tool] Error 1

CMakeFiles/Makefile2:666: recipe for target 'sdk/src/tools/projection_tool/CMakeFiles/rs_projection_tool.dir/all' failed

make[1]: *** [sdk/src/tools/projection_tool/CMakeFiles/rs_projection_tool.dir/all] Error 2

Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed

make: *** [all] Error 2

I have researched many websites, cleaned and rebuilt versions, and tried many paths to resolve this but have not seen any posts with a similar issue. I noticed a librealsense 1.12 became available which was installed but the compile still seems to link with *.so.0.7.2

Hopefully someone can point me to a resolution.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I did some research into your issue with the google term 'Linking CXX executable librealsense' but it's such a complex subject that finding a solution is going to be hard, especially as you are likely to have already seen nearly everything that it suggested to you.

The closest thing I saw to the errors you got was in the case of someone who was trying to compile it on a Mac.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues/436 Mac OS X make fails... · Issue # 436 · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

I hope someone will be able to help you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ceiclops,

I just wanted to let you know that we are still investigating your issue, in the meantime could you be so kind to provide me the guides that you use in order to install all the dependencies.

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
0 Kudos
CEise
Novice

Thanks all for the replies.

This was a fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04 specifically to develop with the librealsense SDK with a ZR300.

Process followed was based on the procedures found on...https://software.intel.com/sites/products/realsense/sdk/getting_started.html Intel® RealSense™ SDK for Linux: Getting Started

- Section "Setting Up Your C++ Development Environment"

1-- installed librealsense per ...https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/master/doc/installation.md librealsense/installation.md at master · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

--- Had to revert to Kernel 4.4 for patch to successfully install but everything installed w/o issue

2-- OpenCV 3.1 (per https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/wiki/OpenCV-3.1-Installation-Guide-on-Ubuntu-16.04 OpenCV 3.1 Installation Guide on Ubuntu 16.04 · BVLC/caffe Wiki · GitHub) Compiled and installed w/o error. "pkg-config --modversion opencv" responds with "3.1.0"

3-- CMake (sudo apt-get ...)

4-- OpenGL GLFW V3 (sudo apt-get ... libglfw3)

5-- lz4 (sudo apt-get ... liblz4-dev)

All installs were "apt-get install ***" or the git clone, build dir, cmake, make process. All five dependencies appeared to compile and install w/o issue.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ceiclops,

First, we will like to apologize, it seems that there is a confusion with the Getting Started, this is the official guide for Linux SDK: https://software.intel.com/sites/products/realsense/intro/getting_started.html Introduction to Intel® RealSense™ SDK for Linux: Getting Started . The Realsense team is working on fixing this.

Now, you should know that this SDK is validated using Ubuntu™* 16.04 on Intel® Joule™ 570x Board.

Please let me know if any questions come up, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ceiclops,

Do you have any more questions? Please let me know in order to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
0 Kudos
CEise
Novice

JP,

No further questions. The previous response has been marked as "Correct".

The procedures in the link you sent resulted in a successful installation on a Ubuntu™* 16.04 Core Image for/on an Intel® Joule™ 570x Board after installing the "classic" snap.The procedures also worked on a Ubuntu™* 16.04 Virtual Box installation.

The ".../realsense_samples" built and the "..._web" variants ran successfully on the Joule 570x with a realsense ZR300 plugged in.

Thank you for the support.

-ceiclops

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ceiclops,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Realsense™ Platform.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues installing the SDK for Linux. Please let us investigate this issue, we will get back to you as soon as we have some useful information.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
0 Kudos