Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

My wired Ethernet can not work anymore. It can't finish the driver upgrade, Win10 show me the 'error code10 'which meas this device can not start.

idata
Employee

My wired Ethernet adapter can not work. Upgrade driver failed. Is there anyone have soluation to sovle this probem ?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/when-install-network-driver-failed-then-meet-the/83ef28f9-daac-4598-ba76-342a70c6a3a7 when install network driver failed, then meet the error 10,the device - Microsoft Community

82579LM Gigabit Network Connection

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Zsam,

Thank you for the post. What is the driver version you were trying to install? AS this is an onboard NIC, what is the board model you used? Error code 10 is an indication of corrupted driver or when the hardware could not be started properly. You may want to further check on the driver you used. There is an Intel driver available for download at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=47620, you may try to install in case you haven't install this driver yet. However, we cannot guarantee 100% compatibility as this is an onboard NIC which we recommend to use customized driver.

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ,

Thanks for your help. The link you provided that i have installed before. But still not working. I don't know the board model, how to check ?

I reinstalled the driver many times, This issue still occur. Anyway, I will try to find a customized driver. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Sam,

What is the brand and model of your computer?

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HI Sam,

Please feel free to update if you have tried installing the customize driver.

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos