Items with no label
3335 Discussions

WHEN I open Intel RealSense Camera Calibrator,there is an error: DS_INVALID_ARG?

idata
Employee

WHEN I open Intel RealSense Camera Calibrator,there is an error: DS_INVALID_ARG? How do I fix it ? I have reinstalled the camera calibrator soft, but it still does`t work.

the information of my tablet and system is below:

wacom mobile studio pro 16``

Microsoft Windows 10 (build 15063), 64-bit

http://www.intel.com/p/zh_CN/support/ Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6567U CPU @ 3.30GHz

4 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Windows Build 15063 is the latest Creators Update version, which has caused problems with the depth component on SR300 cameras. As you have an R200 though and the Creators Update problems are supposedly specific to SR300's, it is hard to tell whether that is a factor.

There is only one search result on the entire internet for the error message you posted, so there is almost no reference material available to diagnose the issue. It gives the unhelpfully non-specific meaning "The user passed an argument that is invalid for this function".

I just googled for the Wacom Mobile Studio Pro tablet and discovered that its R200 is a built-in one. This does provide some useful insight, as it is possible that Wacom's internal implementation of the R200 is incompatible with the calibrator program.

If you really need to calibrate your camera and know how to compile C# code, Intel support staffer David Lu provided a calibration script in C# . The discussion it was sourced from, which is quite lengthy, is here:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/597711 R200 Calibration Data

//New Code ---make sure to enable depth stream

sm.EnableStream(PXCMCapture.StreamType.STREAM_TYPE_DEPTH, 0, 0, 0);

SetStatus("Init Started");

if (sm.Init() >= pxcmStatus.PXCM_STATUS_NO_ERROR)

{

/* Reset all properties */

sm.captureManager.device.ResetProperties(PXCMCapture.StreamType.STREAM_TYPE_ANY);

// Start Find Calibration Code ------ New Code

PXCMProjection projection = sm.captureManager.device.CreateProjection();

PXCMCalibration calib = projection.QueryInstance();

PXCMCalibration.StreamCalibration calibData;

PXCMCalibration.StreamTransform calibTrans;

SetStatus(calib.QueryStreamProjectionParameters(PXCMCapture.StreamType.STREAM_TYPE_COLOR, out calibData, out calibTrans).ToString());

projection.Dispose();

// End Find Calibration Code ------ End New Code

/* Set mirror mode */

PXCMCapture.Device.MirrorMode mirror = Mirror ? PXCMCapture.Device.MirrorMode.MIRROR_MODE_HORIZONTAL : PXCMCapture.Device.MirrorMode.MIRROR_MODE_DISABLED;

sm.captureManager.device.SetMirrorMode(mirror);

//SetStatus("Streaming");

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you so much, but I do not know how to compile C# code, I think I should wait for the later update which will solve my problem. Thank you again!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You're very welcome. Thank you for your patience. Good luck!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Guomian,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel RealSense Technology.

We would like to know if you have tried MartyG's suggestion and if that helps to calibrate your camera.

MartyG thanks for your help.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos