Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGl driver (HD Graphics 630)

RIrvi
Beginner

Hi I have a brand new Dell XPS 15 and when I try to run Microsoft Visual Studio the XAML designer will display a popup with the message: "OpenGL ES Error - Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver". If I select OK the popup will just come back a second and third time after which the program freezes and I need to kill it from task manager.

I seem to have the latest drivers and I'm running Windows 10 Pro (not the Insider builds)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ThisIsRob,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

Please refer to the following thread for further information:

/thread/110921 Can't find the name of the Intel ICD OpenGL driver

In addition, please check the latest graphics driver available at:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26669/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=98909 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45] Version: 15.45.16.4627 (Latest) Date: 3/23/2017

Hope this information helps.

Please don't hesitate in contacting us back if you need further assistance.

Regards,

JC
0 Kudos
RIrvi
Beginner

Thanks JC,

I tried installing .4590 and .4627 versions of the driver and see the same issue with both. I will add my information to the thread you linked to.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ThisIsRob,

Please keep on checking the thread shared before for updates, in addition, please also follow the recommendation provided regarding contacting Microsoft.

Best Regards,

JC
0 Kudos
RIrvi
Beginner

Wasn't the suggestion about contacting Microsoft only if you are using an Insider build? I'm not.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ThisIsRob,

As you know, there is a new Windows® 10 update, which is the Creators Update, due to this, it is better to report any kind of issues as well or update the system the update (in case you are running the previous version).

Regards,

JC
0 Kudos