Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Hellow, I would like to change my monitor (I have in mind a Dell Ultrasharp) but i want first to know whic monitor resolution do you recommend for my HD Graphics 530 chipset, i like a godd monitor for programming, thanks for your help

JM9
Beginner

Hellow, I would like to change my monitor (I have in mind a Dell Ultrasharp) but i want first to know whic monitor resolution do you recommend for my HD Graphics 530 chipset, i like a godd monitor for programming, thanks for your help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Javierma,

I understand you would like to know what monitor resolution Intel HD Graphics 530 supports so you can purchase new monitor.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

Intel HD Graphics 530 supports the following screen resolutions:
  • Max Resolution (HDMI 1.4) 4096x2304@24Hz
  • Max Resolution (DP) 4096x2304@60Hz

If you want you can use a monitor that supports lower screen resolutions, but if you want a 4K monitor then the monitor needs to meet the specs I provided above.

Let me know if you have or not any other inquiry.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
JM9
Beginner

Hello Fred,

Thanks for your quick answer.

I bought the computer last year so i think the drivers are the newest, my computer ghas an intel Core 5 processor and 32 gigas of RAM.

I have tought to buy this monitor : Dell ULTRASHARP 2412M 1920 x 1200 of resolution.

what do uou think?

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Javierma,

Checking the specifications of the monitor I found out that our graphics controller is capable of using the optimal resolution of the monitor which is 1920x1200@60Hz.

I do not think there is going to be any issue with our graphics controller, but I recommend checking with Dell* more compatibility information. This link will give you their contact information http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04 http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04

Let me know if you have or not any other inquiry.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Javierma,

I was wondering if you have or not any other inquiry. In case you have any other question just let me know.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos