Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20456 Discussions

Intel HD 5500 and Terraria

GBoue1
Beginner

This iGPU should be able to run Terraria with no issue but that is hardly the case for me. For some reason, Terraria's FPS is capped to 60-61 and adds a ton of mouse delay which obviously points to vsync. The thing is, Terraria doesn't have an in-game setting for vsync so that points me towards the 5500's control panel. I've tried everything in the 3D tab, from disabling application optimal mode to changing vsync in customs from driver settings to application settings. I've tried this troubleshoot on 2 different operating systems (Current is Windows 10, others are Windows 7 and 8.1 (All x64)) with no luck forcing vsync off. I'm now at a dead end and don't know what to do besides come here and request an option to force vsync OFF which will benefit cases like mine and then some. I really hope that it can make it in the next driver update (Current: 15.40.4.64.4256) so I can put this behind me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello RaidZH,

Based on the game requirements, your hardware should be capable of running this game but this does not necessarily means that the game is compatible with the HD 5500 Graphics Controller.

I would like to get more information about the system configuration you have so can you please post here your system information report?

How to get it?

System Information: Click Start> Type System Information> Click File> Export> Save File> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Also, can you tell me what is the game version/patch? As much as possible, provide me with a link to get a DEMO so I can try it from my side.

GBoue1
Beginner

Sorry for late reply!

I'm currently running Terraria with it's latest update (1.3.0.8) via Steam. As for a demo, I'm not sure if one exists (especially one updated to 1.3.0.8) so I hope that won't hinder you as much. Also, I've included another txt file that was exported from dxdiag hoping that it'd prove to be of some aid some time later

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

All:

This information is intended to all Windows 10 users that are experiencing issues with a supported Intel® Graphics Controller (supported graphics)

Re: -NEW- Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows* 10 64-bit 15.40.4.64.4256

https://communities.intel.com/message/321854# 321854 https://communities.intel.com/message/321854# 321854

See post # 93

Mike C

0 Kudos