Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Intel 965 express chipset handle leak problem

idata
Employee

Hi,

I am writing an video surveillance application in XP. Our platform use intel 965 express chipset.

We meet a strange problem. When our application swith over 16 video streaming, process handle increases and never decreas again.

And finally our application hangs because the number of handle over process limit.

And we have narrow down this happens because we relesase DirectX resources of disconnecting streaming and allocate DirectX resources for new connecting streaming. But when we execute the same application with different chipset, this does not happens.

Does any one know why this happen ? and how to resolve this problem ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello my friend!

Did you solved this?. I'm experimenting the same problem on an intel motherboard, very frustrating to deal with it. We have reduced memory consumption more than half (both in CPU and GPU) and still the same problem. Texture compressions helps... only a little.

Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

NO. We still don't konw how to resovle this problem.

idata
Employee

Hello!

Don't know is thsi yet usefull for you but... try windows 7 with the smae drivers and you will see no more handle leaks. Of course, porting everything from XP to 7 is a lot of wor, but it's up to you consider thar. If yo uhave another advice please let me know.

Goodbye! Good Luck!

0 Kudos