Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

WiFi Link 1000 BSOD with netw5v32.sys in Windows 7

idata
Employee

Hi, I have a lenovo sl510 (2847-CTO) laptop with an intel WiFi Link 1000 card. Fresh install of windows 7 enterprise (x86 32bit) and latest Intel WiFi link Drivers (13.1.1.1 or 13.2.0). Latest BIOS flashed to machine. Get random but frequent BSOD pointing to "netw5v32.sys" (the WiFi driver) when using WiFi, no BSOD on wired lan. Happens in 802.11n or 802.11g mode. Have disabled power management on the card as well. The BSOD is always the same,

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (0x000000d1) and it always displays netw5v32.sys as the culprit

any help? (otherwise the wifi and throughput is fine)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

You may want to check Lenovo's website for any driver updates for your notebook, especially for the 1000 wifi card.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for your reply. I have already completely de-installed and then downloaded - reinstalled the latest WiFi Link 1000 drivers from Lenovo's site, version 13.2.0.30 (All drivers up to date, bios up to date, etc).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

UPDATE, INTEL PLEASE READ

Okay, after about a week of debugging I may have found something fascinating. So, the BSODs in NetW5S32.sys were still occuring during WiFi use of 802.11n/g with WPA2-PSK encryption. Just on a whim, I decided to set my router (Linksys E3000) to limit the 2.4gHz band to WPA-PSK (used to be mixed mode WPA/WPA2 PSK). Then redid the WiFi connection on the SL510 to use WPA-PSK. Now about two hours later and almost 3gb transfered (I did some heavy throughput copies), there have been no further BSODs.

So, definately appears to be a driver problem, may be throughput related (since the WPA mode limits the 802.11n to 54Mbps) or could be other driver software issue.

Any recommendations or ideas to further reconcile - or leave as is?

0 Kudos