Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 trouble in games.

GPech
Beginner

Hi i bought a MSI GS60 ghost and i have issues with the Wifi. I'm using windows 8.1

Everytime i'm playing a game my ping go crazy and i can't even move. I tried on many games and i noticed that on High CPU usage games my ping go crazy very fast (on CS GO i can't even play) but i have no issues on Hearthstone. I tried to uprade my driver and my bios but the problem is still there. I don't have problem when i'm surfing on inthernet.

I sent back my laptop at the MSI after sales services but they didn't found the problem.

I hope you have solutions cause it's realy annoying.

(Sorry for my english i did my best )
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Nucoulous,

Here are some initial recommendations that may solve wireless connectivity issues:

- Check for Windows Updates.

- Apply the configuration from the advisory: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/sb/CS-030709.htm?wapkw=wifi+recommended+settings What are the Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity?

- Update the firmware in your wireless router.

- Try placing the computer closer to the Access Point.

- If you are using a 2.4 GHz network, disable Bluetooth and test the connection. This can be done from the Wireless Icon in the notification area, in the PC settings for Wireless Networking, or by disabling the Bluetooth radio in Device Manager.

- Remove any possible sources of interference between AP and computer. (wireless phones, WiFi-ready TVs, printers, Microwave ovens, power lines, etc)

If you require further assistance, let us know the following:

- Wireless Network Adapter driver (as shown in Device Manager).

- WiFi Access Point model and firmware version.

- WiFi band and version. 2.4 or 5 GHz? 802.11a, b, g, n or AC?

- Distance to the Access Point and description of the environment (walls, power lines, etc).

GPech
Beginner

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for the answer. I tried go place my computer closer and it worked but i need to be very close if i want playing games. I can stay far away when i'm only on inthernet. I have no problem during download or when i'm on facebook/youtube. The problem is only when i'm playing games :/

Is it possible that playing games reduce wifi range ? If it's the case it's realy sad on a gaming laptop.

My buetooth is disabled and i'm using 2.4 GHz 802.11n. I have the last driver 17.16.0.4. there are +- 6.5 meter between my laptop and the wifi access point and there are 2 walls.

I tried in 3 different homes with different access point and i always have this problem.

Edit : I tried with the USB wireless card of my old computer and i don't have problem in the same place.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

It seems there may be some interference, or condition affecting the signal quality. At this point it is very important that you apply the other recommendations from the previous message:

Windows Updates, recommended settings from the advisory, firmware update of the router.

Also, check the Windows* Power Options - Power plan and make sure the Wireless adapter is set to Maximum Performance, when plugged in and on battery.

Let us know if you get a better connection after those steps.

For further assistance, let us know the WiFi Access Point model and firmware version.

0 Kudos