Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

How to Reset a HD3000

ABohn
Beginner

How to " reset " HD Graphics 3000

Hello,

at my HTPC with HD Graphics 3000 I 've been experimenting with the timings to connect it to a Samsung TV via HDMI. Unfortunately, I probably pressed once the wrong button , so he has a non- executable setting stored. So the picture is now black over HDMI and the Samsung announces an unsupported resolution 😞

Experimented I have because the resolution did not fit . The Resulution from the HD3000 was not 1920x1080 which is nativ by the Samsung TV but 1920x1200 . Ergo the taskbar is not present and the image blurred because scalings .

The television is c onnected now via VGA, so I can continue to operate the HTPC to the TV.

But also even here he is not running sometimes with native 1920x1080 but 1920x1200 . I found out later that this is comming fron the PC. When the TV is turned ON after the HTPC , always runs at 1920x1200. The driver does not notice the settings . Switched On the TV at first and then the HTPC , it has native 1920x1080 and a very good resolution.

This could also be the same problem at the HDMI output . Unfortunately, it is even now dead

Does anyone have an idea whether to reset the wrong configuration and the automatic detection also comes back at the digital output ? I do not find anything for it ...

An update does not help. He remembers the settings. The latest driver is on it ...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry to hear that have had issues with Intel graphics controller.

In order to reset any video configuration, you will need to re install the graphics driver.

Please try updating to the latest BIOS for your motherboard model; this will interact directly with Vbios of the graphics controller.

Also, try the following driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=2nd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+3000/2000&ProdId=3319&LineId=1101&FamilyId=39 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=2nd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+3000/2000&ProdId=3319&LineId=1101&FamilyId=39

Please filter by operating system and try to install the driver when it finishes downloading, to verify that your system will accept it.

Allan.

0 Kudos