Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Need Assistance Selecting Wireless Hardware

VWirk
Beginner

I need to add Wireless Communications on a DELL 9010 to our Corporate Network.

My Dell Laptop uses an Intel(R) Centrin(R) Ultimate-N 6300 AGN

Our network uses WPA2-Enterprise with AES encryption. It has also been shown to be WPA Radius. The 9010 has Windows 7 Pro installed.

What does Intel offer in the way of a wireless card.or USB wireless adapter that I could purchase for this application.

If Intel does not offer a product is there some other source that could provide the necessary hardware/drivers.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for sharing your inquiry.

Intel only manufactures internal wireless adapters. I tried to get more information about the system you mentioned but internet sources differ in whether this is a desktop tower or an all-in-one computer. Depending on the system's form factor the answer to your question may be different.

If this is a desktop tower with capacity to accommodate a PCI Express x1 card you may be able to choose between some models:

If this is an AIO system, or in the event that the above products will not fit, we suggest contacting the system manufacturer in order to check for a list of validated wireless adapters for your system.

0 Kudos