cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

520 SSD BSOD 0x3D when running SSD Toolbox

RBowm4
New Contributor II

Hello all,

I get a BSOD any time I try to run the latest Intel Solid State Toolbox. The software prompted me to update to the newest version, v3.1.8, recently. After the install, if I allow the software to run immediately or if I wait and manually run it from the start menu, I get the STOP 0x0000003D code INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED message every time. I don't even get the software to load before the BSOD occurs.

I've checked updates on my SATA controller, latest driver already installed. I've downloaded and ran the CD based firmware updater for the SSD and the latest firmware was already installed. Tried downloading a fresh copy of the toolbox from Intel's downloads and installing again several times. Latest BIOS is installed and has not recently been changed, settings are all correct for AHCI.

Hardware is as follows:

ASUS Sabertooth x58 Motherboard with Marvell 91xx SATA 6G controller.

Intel SSD 520 180GB with firmware version 400i

Intel i7 960 stock clocked

Corsair DDR3 3x4gb

OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64

There have been no recent hardware changes, and all equipment has been running stable and unchanged aside from mechanical hard drive changes since I bought the 520 I believe in May of 2012.

10 REPLIES 10

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hello Taurothar, I see your motherboard has three SATA controllers, is the Intel® SSD 520 connected to the Marvell controller? Is this the operating system drive?

For compatibility we recommend connecting the Intel® SSD to the Intel® SATA controller. If it is the boot drive the operating system must be reinstalled after changing to a different controller.

Thank you for your reply Joe/

I have it plugged into the Marvell controller because those are the only two 6gpbs connectors on the MoBo. The Intel controller only supports 3gpbs. Since the 520 is compatible with the higher speeds, I'd like to continue using this controller if possible.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

We will investigate about this issue. Would you be able to try with the Intel® SSD connected to the Intel® SATA controller just as a test and provide the results?

Then, you can move it back to the Marvell* controller again and use an older version of Intel® SSD Toolbox in the meantime. I will send you a private message with a temporary download link.

I have tried the Intel controller a few minutes ago, and the same BSOD error occurs.

I have returned the connection to the Marvell controller as it's been otherwise stable.