Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7445 Discussions

N-2230 bad connection

POtre
Beginner

Hi, whenever I download something (even at modest speeds like 300kb/s) and ping my router, the latency for each packet randomly goes to between 1 and 300ms and I get intermittent packet loss which, of course, is completely unacceptable. I've tried with different routers, and I've tried with many different drivers for the card (including the latest), and have also tried with various settings on the card and router, but the problem still persists. I have a brand new laptop but am considering to return it because of this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Kuros, it seems that you have tried different troubleshooting steps this far. Besides those actions and the recommended settings we provide below, we have to also keep in mind that it could be a hardware integration issue, which is usually addressed by the system manufacturer.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/4965agn/sb/CS-028449.htm Wireless Networking; How do I improve my 802.11n wireless performance?

We are also aware of connection instability issues reported with this adapter. A software release is expected to be released by the end of Q4. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

0 Kudos