Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

unwanted wake events, Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205

LGilb1
Beginner

Hi,

I have configured my Netgear WNDR3700V2, DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/24/13) std SVN revision 20548, to use WOL via MAC Address for my wireless adapter Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205.

I have confirmed that all adapter and power management settings are correct on the host PC, and the router can successfully wake the PC.

My problem is that with WOL (magic packet only) enabled on the PC, the computer consistently wakes from sleep without a know cause.

I have used powercfg - lastwake, yet the device/source is unknown. Windows Event viewer similarly does not show the system event responsible for the wake.

I suspect that it may be network traffic generated by my ISP. Is there a way to filter the unwanted packets so that the adapter does not respond and wake the computer?

Or, is it a bug in the router firmware or the wireless adapter?

Help would be greatly appreciated ...

With Respect,

/ljg

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Do you know if your system supports Intel® Smart Connect? You may provide the system's model number.

http://www.intel.com/support/services/smartconnect/sb/CS-033108.htm Intel� Smart Connect Technology; Features and Requirements

0 Kudos
LGilb1
Beginner

My motherboard is Asus Sabertooth X58 running BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 0603 10/29/2010.

I don't think it supports Intel® Smart Connect ...

0 Kudos