Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

NETwLv64 BSOD from Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN while running Windows 10

MMica
Beginner

I am getting constant BSODs highlighting "NETwLv64" listed as the culprit when networked on WiFi, perhaps every 2-4 hours of awake uptime. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0.10586, and the 4965AGN driver is version 13.4.0.139. Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello MH1982,

We understand your system is having BSOD's in Windows® 10 with the Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN driver being the culprit. We would like to inform that Intel does not provide drivers for the 4965 in Windows® 10, therefore, we do not recommend this configuration. Please refer to the following document for more information: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005602.html Intel® Wireless Products Supported Operating Systems.

Even though it may be possible to use this adapter with a legacy driver, we cannot guarantee that it will operate properly.

We strongly recommend you to contact the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Computer Manufacturer Support to confirm if they recommend using Windows® 10 with your PC, and check if they provide drivers for this configuration.
0 Kudos
MMica
Beginner

Yes, although I was hoping it would, Windows 10 not being a huge leap from Windows 7 or Windows 8, using the WDM/WDF. And the Intel WiFi product does support WiFi "n," which is not a legacy network specification. nVidia has supported products that old with Windows 10 drivers. So I'm just disappointed.

My OEM doesn't, but my skillset has gotten everything else working.

So what Intel product can I use in my ExpressCard slot that will give me WiFi without problems? Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

MH1982,

Regarding the type of system you have, only your computer manufacturer is entitled to provide you a list of Intel® Wireless Adapters that are compatible with your system since they may do customization and adaptation to the adapter so that it can be fully supported by the system you have.

Also, we would like to inform you that Intel does not support integration which is when the original wireless adapter is replaced by another one. Please check this link for further information about this matter in this link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?wapkw=regulatory+information+regarding+hardware+installation Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
MMica
Beginner

Trying to get things to work properly with Windows 10 before starting this thread, I went and installed the newer version of the general ProSet drivers for Windows 10. I fixed it somehow by uninstalling the incorrect new drivers, then installed the correct drivers (Windows 7 64-bit drivers [didn't work until next step]), then removed the adapter in Device Manager, then it was re-added.

Would be curious if anyone else has gotten the 4965AGN adapter to work with Windows 10 with the Windows 7 drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MH1982,

Thanks for the update. Even though this configuration is not supported, we are sure this will be a good reference for other users.

Regards,

JB