Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

Could this be my processor??

idata
Employee

Hello i have recently built a brand new system using a coolermaster 1000w modular psu, a dx58so motherboard, intel core i7 920 processor, corsair dominator ram 8gb, 1x 500gb seagate harddrive, 1x 200gb maxtor harddrive, 2x ati 3850hd graphics cards and a sony dual layer sata dvd-rw. I have everything installed in a lian-li pc-a05 case. When i plug everything in double checked all the connections are secure everything just flashes (inc fans and other led's on motherboard) on for a split second then it wont turn on again, unless i hold the power button in release and then press it again, but it just does the same thing flashes on. I have tried 1 psu, then brought another brand new and done exactly the same thing.

What could this be i am completely baffled, please help?

Thanks Rob.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Intel in-house experts will be taking questions on everything related to their new Intel core processors. I think the Intel Live Chat event of tomorrow (26th Feb) will be the best platform for you to get a credible answer for that question. http://www.intellivechat.com/facebook.html http://www.intellivechat.com/facebook.html

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Un-plug everything exept the bare minium to power up the PC, should just need 1 GFX card.

Then plug things in 1 at a time and see what happens.

I've had that problem in the past when I plugged in USB or firewire headder wrong.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

cheers fella but i tried this, in the case and out the case to see if it was shorting to the case. same thing happens. i even tried 2 case switches but there is a power switch on the mboard anyways!!

thanks anyway fella

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I guess some part is DOA, you have to work through each part and see which is the faulty one, or RMA the whole lot?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

haha i already rma'd 1 motherboard so i doubt its this 1, it must be the processor. i guess i know what im going to be doing haha. thanks for the help again fella

0 Kudos