Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Is i3 processor does support for XP...... NO --dell Dealer said?

idata
Employee

can any 1 tell me , i3 processor support to XP or not? dealer said it doesnt support for audio video , bluetooth drivers

Message was edited by: shishir khandare

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

yes...it can run on XP..till i've heard...

i dont know clearly...if dell dealer says NO then i am not sure...ask any other company.....BUT I THINK YES,AS i3 is a processor and XP is an operating system...

0 Kudos
MWong22
New Contributor II

Core i 3 is supportable for win xp .. because win xp is a multi core Operating system.. so no worries..

sometimes.. when some people with little knowledge of pc ... they thend to tell lies or etc to the customer.. it is a plead to them to make the customer use win 7 or vista ... i am sure even if you buy win xp now... microsoft still make money..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

hey thanks for reply... but i just quit i3 n purchased c2d(as it is equal or more in performance.. )

I had checked both in terms of performance. thanks fk

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If in doubt whether the dealer is giving out the right solution, you can always ask Intel in house experts.

If you have any questions on Intel products and technologies, you can take part in Intel Live Chat. More information at http://intellivechat.com/

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I believe XP does not allow for use of two physical processors, only two logical.

0 Kudos