Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20635 Discussions

Bug in "Display software update release"?

idata
Employee

Good morning,

Last week, through Windows Update, I installed an optional update described as Intel Corporation - Display - Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family. With additonal info: Intel Corporation Display software update released in December, 2009. Nothing special and after installing my system worked OK. At least it seemed, untill a day later when I had to present using a beamer. The image the beamer was dsiplaying was almost fully white except for some sharp contours of the windows and icons on my screen. The onl;y trhing that helped was to restore my system (on WIndows 7) to the situation before the update was installed. Then it worked OK on the beamer.

Did anyone experience this also?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hey there Luc,

Yeah I had a similar thing happen to me. I usually watch my TV and movies with a monitor cable attached to my laptop. Well a couple days ago on 2/26/10 I did an optional update for the Moblie Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family - Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver Moblie and noticed that when I plugged in my monitor cable it became like you said "fully white except for some sharp contours of the windows and icons on my screen." So I checked the Intel graphics properties for the new download and it has an option called Monitor and TV settings. When you go to that option it just says plainly "Monitor/TV settings are not supported." I have also tried restoring my computer to before the download various times unsuccessfully so I am stuck with an upgrade from Intel that has taken away something I use daily, my Monitor/TV settings.

I have a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit OS.

Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00Ghz.

Toshiba Satellite L300 Series.

Moblie Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

Does anybody got a solution for this?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

What is the version of the graphics driver that caused the issue?

Can you try the latest driver from here? http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18787 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18787

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

<!--  /* Font Definitions */  @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;}  /* Style Definitions */  p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

It was version 15.16.5.64.2021 of the Media Accelerator Driver that caused all the trouble. The link you recomended didn't work because my computer is a 64bit and the link was for 32 bit. version. I downloaded Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows 7 64bit and Vista 64bit 15.16.9.64.2082 and after restarting the computer still under the graphics properties there was the "Monitor and TV settings are not supported" message under the Monitor/TV settings option. However my monitor cable to TV now works and it seems this latest driver download solved the disturbance.

Here is the link just in case someone wants to try it out:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18789&ProdId=2991&lang=eng

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Robert,

Thanx for your respons and sorry for my delayed respons; was too busy for work ...

To be honest I am not a very experienced guy in hardware issues so I am not sure if I am providing the right info (or in other words: where to get it from).

I have opened the device manager and looked at the display adapters, seeing this one: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family. driver version 8.15.10.1872.

If this is not what you asked for please let me know how to find the right info.

0 Kudos