Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

wtf raid

idata
Employee

First, I looked through the forum history and couldn't find my solution. If this has all ready been covered I apologize.

I'm trying to set up raid 0 on a fresh install. When I go to install the drivers on setup I get the following error:

"To continue installation, use the Load Driver option to install 32-bit and signed 64-bit drivers. Installing an unsigned 64-bit device driver is not supported and might result in an unusable windows installation"

I am using the ICH10R chipset, I have enabled RAID in the bios, and then created the raid 0 array in the RAID bios.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, and I have used the 64 bit raid drivers from the install CD, from my mobo's website, and from the intel website (assuming I should be using Intel Matrix Storage Manager).

The array is detected by windows; however, It won't let me install it without the third party drivers.

When I download the drivers, I unzip the files and burn them to a cd

I've never set up a raid before, are these the right drivers? what am I doing wrong?

if screen shots would help ask and ill take some
0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

I figured out the problem.

I was assuming since windows wouldn't install on my RAID array that I needed to install the raid drivers. This assumption was wrong.

I kept getting the error "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition" when trying to install on it.

Solution: You HAVE to have your RAID array as the FIRST boot device. Not your CD-rom. Hair pulling problem, simple solution.
0 Kudos