Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Bluetooth Support on Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230

idata
Employee

Hi All,

I've recently purchased a Dell XPS-15 laptop with an installed Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230, running Windows 7. Whilst my phone will pair with this and operate correctly via Bluetooth, my Sony DR-BT101 stereo headset will not (it will pair, but won't operate). From what I can understand, the problem lies in the fact that Windows 7 bluetooth drivers do not support the a2dp protocol that the headset uses, and neither does the Intel 6230 driver. Sony does not supply drivers of any sort for the headset either.

Apparently Microsoft instructed hardware vendors to supply updated bluetooth drivers for their products, but few do. I've seen 3rd party bluetooth stacks with a2dp support for Broadcom and Toshiba products, but not Intel. I've also tried using software called Bluesoleil, but that too does not support my Intel chipset.

Anyone aware of any drivers that may work?

Regards,

Harvey

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

For anyone having similar issues, the latest Toshiba bluetooth stack seems to support the chipset and many bluetooth protocols including a2dp. I have my stereo headset working fine now. You can install it on a 30 day trial, after which you must purchase a licence; http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/?page=download http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/?page=download

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It has been a few months since your post regarding the toshiba software fix for A2DP on the Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6230. I went to the link and it is telling me to download a hotfix. I am not sure that is what I need to do. Can you help? thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I am also experiencing bluetooth issues on my XPS 15 (L502X) which i got last week. I can't pair any devices and when i search for bluetooth devices nothing appears on the list of discovered devices. I am using the latest drivers provided by Intel :

Driver Provider : Intel

Driver Date : 11/10/2011

Driver Version :1.0.81.20601

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

MPK

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

An update to my issue, the Dell technician has diagnosed that the Centrino Advanced-N 6230 device as being faulty, atleast the bluetooth part of the device anyaway, as the wireless functions without any problems.

Cheers,

0 Kudos