Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Dual Monitor Help

idata
Employee

Hey there,

I just purchased an ASUS K53E-B1 Laptop, with a core i5-2400 inside. The graphics are the integrated chipset.

My issue is I want to use my monitor and the laptop screen as a dual screen setup. The monitor is plugged into the HDMI output then I use an HDMI - DVI adaptor which goes to the monitor.

When I boot up Windows the "Splash page" comes up on the Monitor then transfers to the Laptop screen once windows loads. Once in Windows (7, 64bit), I try and use the Intel Graphics Manager and it does not detect the second monitor. I tried installing the latest drivers and the monitor came on and was working as a dual screen setup, but when I reset the computer, as asked by the software, it stopped working again. I reverted back to the 2291 driver and again, it worked perfectly until I reset my computer as prompted.

Clearly there are no hardware issues as everything has worked, but no matter what I do I can not force Windows to recognize the second monitor unless I reinstall the driver and then it only works as long as the computer stays on (not possible with a laptop). Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Adam

1 Reply
idata
Employee

hi men try to use funtion f5 if are laptop.. or.... try to put in start menu conect to projector. or monitor propieties.. in xp im had same trouble and im had to suspend.. the pc and force to recognize.... maybe... u need update the driver or doesn't the rigth driver.....

i hope can help u....

0 Kudos