Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7444 Discussions

poor ping Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1030, good ping with wifi utility, but conn. probl.

idata
Employee

hi there,

i bought a new machine with Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1030.

i only want to use it for w-lan internet, no wifi things. all other W-lan clients got very good ping at 20ms

I) so i disabled all virtual w-lan card, because i thought i dont need them.

connection with windows 7 w-lan was no problem, had good signal intensity, BUT: the ping to the router is over 300ms...

II) so i tried the intel wifi utility and however i handled it: if i was connected with WIFI ON and using windows w-lan utility my ping was at 20ms...

but here it always disconnected and was not able to reconnect, i managed it 2 times ans the ping was good.

III) after this i deinstalled intel wifi utility only using the normal driver (thinking the problem in "I" was the deactivation of the virtaul cards), but now its the same like in "I": ping over 300ms.

I hope you can help me to:

1. optimize the Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1030 adapter without wifi utility to get a good ping

or

2. help me to manage to use it in wifi mode with my router, because in this case i had a good ping

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee
0 Kudos