Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Compatibility trouble - from Celeron 575 to P8400 FSB

idata
Employee

Hi

I have a compatibility issue with replacing my Intel Celeron 575 in my Compaq Presario CQ60-100.

I have followed the instructions in the original "how to relpace..." from Compaq, and purchased an INTEL CPU CORE 2 DUO MOBILE P8400 2.26GHZ FSB1066MHZ 3MB UFCPGA8 SOCKET P TRAY wich should be compatible according to Compaq's table (?).

I replaced the processor, but the laptop couldn't start after reassebling. I reversed the process and reinstalled the Celeron 575, and the laptop started again.

How come this processor isn't compatible? Or am I doing somthing wrong according to BIOS or soewhat. I'm not a computer nerd, but only a rather technical guy with broad limit of trying out stuff like this.

BTW: The inscription of my purchased processor is:

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

You need to ask your laptop manufacturer to provide you a list of fully compatible processors for your laptop. Keep in mind that the fact that 2 processors are of the same socket does not necessarily makes them compatible with the same motherboard, that is the reason that all laptop and motherboard manufacturers most have a list of fully compatible processor models.

idata
Employee

Hi

Thank U for your responce.

I have allready got a list from the manufacturer, and that lead to this issue.

The list doesnt give me all those letters and numbers stated on the processor itself.

I'd better contact them again and ask for a proper answer this time :-(

0 Kudos