Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Foxconn G45m-s, HDCP is not working through HDMI ...

idata
Employee

I've recently purchased a Foxconn G45m-s board to use to play Blu Ray movies. Long story short I have the thing all set up and have no problem using my 47 inch HDTV as a monitor in 1080p. Every thing seems to be working fine, but when I load the BD Advisor tool from Cyberlink, the only red item is Digital connection, not HDCP compataple. I have PowerDVD 9 and have ... found ways to get some Blu Ray movies to play and when they work, they work great. I know its not an issue of it not being ABLE to play them, its an issue with it saying I'm ALLOWED to. I'm not sure why HDCP is not recognized .. I have the HDA setting in the BIOS turned on, my sound settings has the HDMI connection selected as default .. I have tried the latest drivers from both Foxconn and from the Intel detection website (which is a newer set, apparently) and neither seem to resolve the issue.

I've been speaking with Foxconn support and now they're trying to get me to get a higher powered power supply ... The case I have is a low profile case and finding power supplies for it is ... challenging. Its a 270w power supply which is much lower than I usualy purchase, but it came with the case. And when I DO find a way to play Blu Ray movies, it has absolutly no issue at all. I find it hard to believe HDCP is not working because of a power supply issue .. but what do I know. That's why I am here, grasping at straws. Can anyone help me out here?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Does anyone have any insight into this? This is rather depressing and I feel like I'm going to have to buy a seperate video card just to get the functionality that was promised in this board. Thats why I bought it.

I don't understand why HDCP is giving me such an issue and I can not find any information any where telling me what the problem is. Only Foxconn Tech support attempting to get me to change every componant of my PC piece by piece.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I would never consider using a PC for an HTPC or media player without including AnyDVD. AnyDVD removes all the pointless HDCP issues. Doesn't matter if your monitor or video card have HDCP or not. AnyDVD should be included with every media PC sold. Now if we could just remove HDCP altogether consumers would stop having so many issues and they would sell a lot more hardware...

0 Kudos