Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

T6500 False specs provided till 21st july 2009-By Intel

idata
Employee

Hi All!!

Till 21st July2009 Intel was saying like its T6500 processor supports Intel Vitualization .By studying that only I had purchased Thoshiba Laptop L510 powered by Intel T6500 processor..I was looking for the model which supports virtualization..I was really need of it.. But as of now and as per updated web page Intel T6500 is not Supporting Intel Virtualization. Intel is such a big technical and engineering company and has great history , I never thought that It may cheat people by providing such a false information. Since I had purchased the laptop by belivening the info that available on websiteis correct and T6500 supports the Intel Virtualization feature, Now my Laptop L510 became no use for me..So regarding this, Does Intel take responsibility to replace my Laptop with a laptop powered by Virtualisation enabled processor. or Can I take any Legal action against Intel...I hope many people come up and supports me in this regard..

Attached snapshot says it supports Vitualization, But 21st july onwards Intel on its Website Started to say like it doesnt support Virtualization on its T6500 processor.

But the loss is for me..Now I taking this as serious and want Intel to respond properly before I go for legal actions against it.

Expecting support from Intel Users and Community.

Thanks in advance,

Ninge Gowda,

Bangalore,

India

M: 9663697588

H: 9180-26604866

O: 9180-66604840

Mail: mailto:ningeg@gmail.com ningeg@gmail.com

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jerome_C_Intel
Employee

Apologies - OJ post wrongly appeared in your post: (If you have any question, feel free to create a new discussion

if anyone should take responsability is Toshiba. Seeing as you didn't buy a boxed (retail) processor, its an OEM component and you never had a direct business contact with Intel.

Toshiba is the one that has to sort this out on your behalf to intel.

just my opinion of course.

OJ

0 Kudos
HERBERT_H_Intel
Employee

strange... my previous post came up as jcrametz... what happened?

OJ

=====================================================

Here it is OJ - Thank for your support on the community:

if anyone should take responsability is Toshiba. Seeing as you didn't buy a boxed (retail) processor, its an OEM component and you never had a direct business contact with Intel.

Toshiba is the one that has to sort this out on your behalf to intel.

just my opinion of course.

OJ

0 Kudos
John_S_Intel
Employee

Hello Ninge,

Have you tried to resolve this with Toshiba? Please try to work with them for an exchage or a refund. Let us know if your efforts were successful.

John S.

Intel Customer Support

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi John!!

thanks for the reply...Since I was having my Exams...I coudnt write to Toshiba..But I had talks over phone with coustomer support team...They told me that they need @least 3 days...As per their promise they should respond today...

Thanks and Regards,

Ninge Gowda,

Bangalore,

India

0 Kudos