Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Problem with Windows 7 Intel 965 GMA drivers!

idata
Employee

There is some problem with the drivers available for Intel 965 X3100 chipset. In both default drivers with Windows 7 as well as the driver available on Intel site, the problem arises. I'm using Windows RC. I'm not able to get fullscreen while playing games, the aspect ratio is stuck. I get two black borders on both side. As my laptop screen is 15.4 inch wide, the game or any fullscreen application like a powerpoint presentation, the black borders arise.

As we cant change the aspect ratio option in default drivers, so I installed the new drivers from the site. In the options the option in selected as fullscreen(no margin) but it doesn't work. I tried to change the option to any other selection like Center, but the option does not change, its stuck at the middle option for Fullscreen(No border) but nothing happens.

I'm unable to get fullscreen! Please help out how to solve this issue.

6 Replies
idata
Employee

No Intel hasn't fixed this problem yet.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

THIS PROVES HOW LAZY INTEL IS AND TO GET DOWN TO IT HOW STUPID THEY ARE. CAN ANYONE PLEASE SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I got the same problem.

Any alternative solutions?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The Only solution to the problem is to install the latest Vista Drivers in Windows 7. I'm presently using the vista drivers to rectify the problem. I hope Intel soon fixes this problem in the newest win7 drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

do you have a tutorial or where can i find the latest vista drivers or even explain what drivers cause im not sure i catch on, can you provide a site bro it would really help me out man, the only problem i have is not being able to games in fullscreen and if that would solve my problem id be much obligued.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Here it is: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download.aspx?url=/17407/a08/winvista_15124.exe&DwnldId=17407&lang=eng

Just download it and install it. Fullscreen problem is solved. There is no performance change in windows 7 due to vista drivers. So its better to use this driver as it solves the fullscreen problem.

After installing if you still don't get fullscreen , go to graphics properties, then select display settings, then click aspect ratio options. There select Fullscreen(no border).

0 Kudos