Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265 Antenna

MOHug
Beginner

Hi, can anyone tell me what antenna I need to connect to port 4 on the wifi card. ports 1 and 2 are different as they have a nipple rim at the top that holds the cables, where as port 4 does not have any.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

MEOHUGIN,

The Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265 was designed for mobile client devices such as 2 in 1, tablets and laptops and its installation is meant to be done only by an OEM (Original Equipement Manufacturer).If this adapter came installed by factory, you computer manufacturer is the one to be contacted in order to get an detailed answer about the antennas. Taking this opportunity, we also would like to inform you that if this is an integration, Intel does support this procedure, you can find more detailed information on this matter by accessing this online documentation: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?wapkw=regulatory+information+regarding+hardware+installation Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade - Should you have any furtther questions or doubts, please, do not hesitate to contact us and if the information and/or assistance you need is within our reach, we will be delighted to assist you.

MOHug
Beginner

This is a UK dell latitude 13 7350 2 in 1 unit, they sell it with the ac-17265 yet I did not add it as an extra when I ordered it. so I just need to know where I can get the 60Gzh antenna so I can retro fit it.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

MEOHUGIN,

Thank you for the clarification. In this particular case that the adapter came installed by factory, Dell* is your best option in roder to get the answer you need. The reason as to why we recommend to contact Dell* is because, when the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), in this case Dell*, gets the adapter from us to install in their systems, they may do modifications and customizations so the adpater can be fully compatible with an specific type of system and that means that the same adapter may not share the same features, voltage and other specifications according to the system they were meant to be isntalled by the manufacturer. Our adapters comply with the most recent wireless standard and the accessory manufacturers adapt their products ( in this case, antennas) to these same standards.

The only way we can assist you with this is to provide you this link to get more information on this matter: http://www.wi-fi.org/product-finder Product Finder | Wi-Fi Alliance

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

MEOHUGIN,

We haven't heard from you in a while. We would like to know if there is anything else you'd like to ask regarding your inquiry.

Please, let us know at your earliest convenience.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

MEOHUGIN,

We are following up on this case and we would like to know if you were able to contact Dell* about this situation, however, we understand you need to the antenna for Port 4 (according to the picture), in this case the computer should come with the antenna for you to be able to use Intel® WiGig.

Please let us know if you still require assistance.

0 Kudos