Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Unable to install Intel wireless driver for Dell E3550

NNand
Beginner

Hello,

Sorry but I feel chasing my tail. I have tried installing the Wireless Driver for E3550 Laptop (Windows 8 Pro) but no luck.

Tried the following:

1) Using my support tag, I located the drivers for my Latitude 3550 and downloaded and tried installing the following wireless drivers:

a) Dell Wireless 1802/1707/1601/1506 WiFi/Bluetooth Driver (File name = Network_Driver_JKMR5_WN32_10.0.0.328_A04.EXE)

b) Dell Airplane Mode Switch Driver (File name = Network_Driver_90M6T_WN_1.4.1_A00.EXE)

c) Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Drive (File name = Network_Driver_7M000_WN_8.30.328.2014_A00.EXE)

Additionally I have tried installing the Chipset, Bios and all other fun stuff.

2) I have downloaded drivers from the Intel website the following but no luck again:

1) Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows 8.1* -64 bit

But the Windows Pro 8 does not recognize the Wireless driver. I have also tried using generic drivers that come along with the O/S, but does not recognize the wireless adapter.

@Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you!

Nandu6791

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Nandu6791,

With the information you provided, it is not clear which model of Intel® Wireless Adapter is in your system. We would advise you to check the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites and engage Dell, so they can let you know the exact model of adapter in your system and they can provide the driver they recommend for it.

Additionally, here is the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 8*, version 17.16.0. This should work well for most Intel® Wireless Adapter in Windows* 8:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24863 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 8*

0 Kudos