Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7432 Discussions

Help to get CSI from Intel wifi card N2230

idata
Employee

Hi,

My laptop is Dell Audi A5 5520, using wifi card Intel Centrino Wireless N2230.

Recently, I have a project at university and need to capture CSI (Channel State Information) from the wifi card in my laptop.

I searched from the Internet and it has the tool name "Linux 802.11n CSI Tool" to get CSI from Intel card. However, it can only work with Intel wireless card 5300 while my card is N2230. Therefore, I get stuck.

Could anyone please help suggest a possible solution for me to get CSI from my laptop with Intel Centrino Wireless N2230?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

minhtuhoang,

Unfortunately, Intel does not have a tool designed to collect such information. You might want to take a look online in order to find a third-party tool that can do that.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Aleki,

Thanks for your answer.

However, it's not easy for me to find a third party company like this. I think that I have to do it myself.

Do you have any suggestion for me to get CSI myself in my laptop (some documents, some clues... )?

I want to understand the process and write or modify the driver if necessary to get CSI.

I truly appeciate your help.

Best Regards,

Minhtu

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

minhtuhoang,

Unfortunately, there are no documentation available that explains on how to do such procedure. The only option would be to find third-party tools to perform this task. We also would like to inform you that Intel does not provide information on the source code of the drivers to be modified.

If the Intel® Adapter is the one installed by factory, we recommend to contact the computer manufacturer if they can provide this information from their proprietary drivers.

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos