Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Intel Server Board S2600CP4 Issue (power supply & graphics card upgrade)

idata
Employee

Hi,

I'm having an Issue with my workstation and having several questions.

I'm running an Intel Server Board s2600cp4 with a Cool Master GX 650W power supply. Now the connecter between the power supply and the 8 / 4-pin eps / atx 12v connector melted and the workstation isn't running anymore.

Here are my questions:

1. Does the power supply provide enough power for the Workstation or should I upgrade?
  2. Is it possible to fix the connector at the power supply (4 pin ATX 12v) or would you recommend getting a new one?
  3. If necessary to get a new power supply, which one would you recommend? Is there a power supply which doesn't need the 8 / 4-pin eps / atx 12v connector?
  4. I would also like to upgrade the graphic card to a geforce 1060 (GigaByte GV-N1060IXOC) which needs 6 pin power supply. Should this graphic card work or would you recommend any other graphics card?

Other Sytem Specs:

- Intel Server Board S2600CP4

- 2 X Intel Xeon E5-2670 8 Core @ 2,6GHz /Turbo 3,00GHz

- 32 GB DDR3 Ram (8 x 4GB Dimms)

- Adaptec 6805 Raid Controller 8Port SAS/Sata 6GBs

- 4 X Seagate 2TB SAS HDDs Raid 5

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Robinson

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Robinson,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1- That will depend on the total wattage that your server components will use but normally 650 watts is good enough.

2- Get a new one indeed.

3- The power supplies validated for the board from Intel are listed http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb/s2600cp_configguide_rev17.pdf here page# 9

4- The validated cards for the board are the following:

NVidia Tesla M2090

NVidia Tesla M2050

NVidia Tesla M2070

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello Robinson,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1- That will depend on the total wattage that your server components will use but normally 650 watts is good enough.

2- Get a new one indeed.

3- The power supplies validated for the board from Intel are listed http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb/s2600cp_configguide_rev17.pdf here page# 9

4- The validated cards for the board are the following:

NVidia Tesla M2090

NVidia Tesla M2050

NVidia Tesla M2070

0 Kudos