Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

HDMI port monitor issue with Intel HD graphics 4400 on laptop

idata
Employee

Hi everyone,

I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 13 with Intel HD Graphics model 4400. OS is Windows 10.

I tried to plug a monitor through the micro hdmi port in order to use a bigger monitor, but no new monitors were detected... Can someone suggest a solution?

I have tried to install the latest driver from lenovo but nothing changed, then I tried with an old one for windows 8.1 and also with the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81018 latest driver presented from intel. Nothing...

I have even tried to install a https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24955 test driver from intel but there is no way to install it, moreover it isn't for windows 10.

In this forum I found some old discussions about this problem but I didn't found the solution.

Thanks to all

Alberto

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

`Hello Tuttapposto,

Have you tried different HDMI cable by any chance?

Are you using any adapters or are you using straight connection from the laptop to the monitor?

If you are using some kind of adapter for any reason try to use straight connection to see the results.

Also, you can try to access the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hd-graphics/hd-graphics-control-panel-benefits-demo.html Intel® HD Graphics Control and see if both monitors are detected there the one for the laptop and the external monitor.

Once you open the Intel® HD Graphics Control try to low the resolution and the Hz and see if that works for you.

Hope that can help

Regards,

Ivan
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you Ivan,

I'm using a direct connection, there is no adapters in between. Tomorrow I will use another device in order to test the cable (It is new).

I tried to use Intel HD Graphics Control (changing resolution and frequency), unfortunately there is no other monitor detected but the laptop one.

I will try also to shave the plastic surrounding the jack since some Lenovo Yoga 2 users report contact problems. This way I will exclude all the hardware component.

Thank you again

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you Alberto, please let me know how it goes and most likely this is an issue that you will need to report to Lenovo.

Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well,

I'm rather embarrassed, but I have discovered that all the problems are due to the cable connector. Finally my laptop has not problem to menage two monitors.

Anyway thank you for the assistance and I want to apologize for the wrong question.

Bye

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Tuttapposto,

Thank you very much for taken your time to share that information with us, it is very much appreciate.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos