Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel HD 3000 driver causes bluescreen.

SPfl_
Beginner

Hello,

unfortunately I have a big problem with the driverpackage for the Intel HD Graphics 3000 on my Zenbook UX31E.

I have Windows 7x64 Home Premium but the problem also appears on Windows 8x64 Professional.

Driver Version: 15.28.15.64.3062 (the newest) but it makes no difference if I use an older version.

Now my problem.. when I have installed the Inteldriver for my graphic card, I receive a BSOD every time I want to login into Windows after I reactivated the Laptop out of Standby- or Energysavingmode. When I uninstall the driver and use the standard Windows VGA Driver I can reach the Standbymode (Energysavingmode is not available) without any problems.

Bluescreenmessages: 0x0000007a (Standby) and 0x000000f4 (Energysaving)

When I am playing games (Battlefront 2, Minecraft, Terraria, ect.) I have NO problems with the Inteldrivers.

My Windows is not installed with UEFImode and I have installed all available Windows Updates (incl. SP1).

I checked my processor with the testtool from Intel and it's passed all tests with no errors. Same for my RAM.

Is my graphiccard damaged or is it an driver problem? Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Fred_D_Intel
Employee

Hi s.pfluegl,

I recommend installing the graphics driver ASUS provides in their website. The drivers they provide have been tested and validated to work fine in your computer. The drivers we have in our website are generic. We cannot guarantee those drivers will work fine on every OEM system. this is the link to ASUS website https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ZENBOOK_UX31E/# support_Download https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ZENBOOK_UX31E/# support_Download

I recommend you uninstall the driver from Programs and Features in Control Panel first and then install the driver from ASUS website.

0 Kudos
SPfl_
Beginner

Hello,

thanks for the tip, but it's the same problem with the original ASUS driver. Could this Intel Inf Package causes the problem too? I installed it with the inf utility tool from the download-center - its the newest version for my plattform.

In safe mode, I don't have any bluescreen problems with standby-mode.

0 Kudos