Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

How to capture Color Profile and apply to multiple system

VHuyn3
Beginner

We have a custom RGB profile that we need to apply to our line of product using Windows 7x64, Intel graphic 4600. I can modify the profile and apply the prefered color setting on one system but how do I capture that and automatically apply to new systems sharing the same hardware and operating system.

I've poke into the registry but could not find a place where these color profile are stored.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, VanCH:

This would depend on the deployment software that you use to perform this.

The software would be the one that saves and applies all the settings for the different programs in the windows image you will me installing in the other computers.

My recommendation would be to check the capabilities of the deployment software you are using to see if this would be saved/applied as well as the other settings in the windows image.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
VHuyn3
Beginner

I am going to answer my own question here.

So I actually found the location where the RGB value are stored. I was using the Intel Graphics Control Panel to set them but these goes directly to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{6F5826E6-4807-4F29-8C4F-5697FE80D43E}\]

Now the UID is generated per install of Windows. So that mean if you are cloning the system after the value are being set, then the GUID would stay the same and the settings are captured.

Since we are doing unattended install, this UID changes for each system so we are writing a script to detect the new UID before setting the values.

Hope this help others developers in the future.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, VanCH:

I am glad to hear you encountered with a solution for this.

For sure it will be helpful for other users.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos