Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Choppy video/flickering

LEric1
Beginner

Hello if I play YouTube video in full screen mode, the video is very choppy, i.e.. it intensively makes random short loops during playback. The choppy effect is not presented in windowed mode. Similar problem with playback in standalone video player (h264) using Intel ActiveSync. Occasional flickering during playback introduced by very short black screens between consequent frames. Not so intense as in YT fullscreen. This seems to occur with EVR Custom Present renderer. Shortly tried other renderers and they seem to playback correctly. Anyway EVR custom present was playing the video flawlessly in the past. YT in full screen played smoothly as well before. Because both Flash plugin container and my video player have assigned to use Intel GPU I impute the problem to used GPU or driver from Intel. Any feedback about possible source of the problem / diagnostics will be welcome.

Using Intel HD4600 and latest driver for Windows 8.1 64bit (15.36.28.4332). Firefox and plugin container is 64bit.

BTW. when I open Intel display control panel, Options and support, Informational panel, the control panel crashes. Could be related to the problem.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, B3Lz3bUb:

I would like to gather some information from your system, please check the link below and provide me with the information requested there.

If any additional information is relevant to the issue, please do add it in you reply.

Also, I would like to know, what changed before the problem started?

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
LEric1
Beginner

Hi, EstebanC_Intel, sorry for confusion but driver ver 15.36.28.4332 was announced on the support downloads page for my OS. this is driver I have currently installed from another source, but from Intel server it doesn''t download (file not found error). Is there something wrong with this driver build?

Older drivers including beta can download. Maybe the problem could be removed by downgrading to older driver build but want to make sure 1st. thx

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, B3Lz3bUb:

I will be reporting those broken links, thank you for letting me know (ETA for them to be ready 24 business hours).

Let's do the following to get the drivers for you:

1. Access http://ark.intel.com/ ARK | Your Source for Intel® Product Specifications

2. Look for your processor.

3. Go to graphics section in your CPU's specs.

4. Access https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Drivers & Software

5. Look for the Intel® HD Graphics your unit has.

6. Make sure you select the correct OS and version that you are currently using.

I look forward to your outcome with this.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos