Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel GMA3600 Drivers - Good grief.

idata
Employee

Are we ever going to get functional drivers for Windows 7? I mean drivers that were made properly and work. The gpu is a PowerVR SGX545, its not a terribly weak GPU, but the drivers are just abysmal. Surely I should b eable to run games with low-end graphics from 2002 - 2004 all set to low and at low resolution (such as half-life 2 at rock-bottum graphics, running DX8.0, minimal filtering and resolution), without it chugging along at less than 8 FPS. Also, the whole DX10.1 thing, and the card backscaling to DX9.0 maximum due to driver issues..come on. :c Please dont ditch us, intel. Please, PLEASE make an effort to give us something half-decent? I got a netbook for $250, which for a computer I realize is low, but I got it for the form-factor, not just price. A full-powered laptop will not be as portable or energy-saving as a netbook, so thats out of the question

I am NOT <--- expecting high-quality performance by any means, all I mean is that I think netbook users shouldnt just get the shaft for paying less. Without you or the modding community helping us, we're kind of up the creek without a paddle.

9 Replies
idata
Employee

I second this. It's very poor form to have a nice piece of hardware hobbled by subpar drivers. Please Intel allocate some resources!

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, at this time, Intel® has no plans for creating implementing more GMA 3600 drivers. If this changes though, you'll be sure to know.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey.

Thanks for the reply. How about releasing the source code for the GMA3600/3650 driver so others can improve on it and perhaps make builds for linux (which i think im correct in saying is currently either not supported or partially supported with no 3D or hardware acceleration for many distros)

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

If no more GMA3600/3650 drivers are to be made, then at least have the decency to release the source code please.

If Windows support is to be burned, then the Linux community should be helped instead, they should hopefully make a better effort at it!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/09/27/intels-clover-trail-is-a-bloated-nightmare/# .UM8tf3fcnGh Intel&# 8217;s Clover Trail is a bloated nightmare | SemiAccurate

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This is not acceptable. HP right now is selling their Mini 1104 with this exact chip. I was looking to buy myself this nice and small netbook, but after investigating all this I have my doubts about it. HP has the same driver version on their site. Without a good GPU driver it's pretty much useless. A serious company like Intel should have more serious attitude about such things. We pay our money for your products.

idata
Employee

intel says to communicate with imagination technologies

imagination technologies says that all questions should be answered by intel...

Guys, what's the problem?

Why the driver does 3d only on win7x32? why 3d doesn't works on win7x64?

0 Kudos
LC5
Beginner

When can we expect Intel GMA 3650 drivers for Windows 8 (32bit)? This chipset was designed specifically for Windows 8 so I'm puzzled why Intel has not released drivers for it.

0 Kudos
Clp
Novice

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/8-news/24-intel-chipset Station-Drivers - Intel (Chipset)

I found this site with the drive of Atom z2760 (clove trail) and i saw that

the drive has de same names but i can´t install them.

Can someone mod this drive to work on GMA3600?

sorry for my english!!!

0 Kudos