Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

Issue with Intel RST 10.8.0.1003 IAStorUI.exe and empty GUI window

idata
Employee

I installed both the Intel Control Center and Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver in Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. The RST service is running. However, when I start iastorui.exe or IntelControlCenter.exe all I get is the boarder of an application window with no content inside. All I can see is what is underneath the new application window. I have tried uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling from scratch. However, it still does not work.

I have had iastorui.exe working in the past. I do not know exactly when it stopped working as I do not have a daily need to run the GUI application.

Any thoughts on what is keeping the two applications from successfully running? I found the installation log but did not see any logs that gave any hint to why the application would stall or hang before successfully rendering content in the GUI window.

Since I have a RAID1 volume mounted I need to get aistorui.exe running in order to get current status and monitor any potential rebuild situation.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Did you try running the executable as Administrator? (right click exe file and choose "Run as Administrator")

Another Note: The RAID1 volume status can also be seen during booting. The Intel Rapid Storage Technology Option ROM shows the status. In fact, if the status is not normal (i.e. degraded or failed) I have noticed that the Option ROM screen will be shown longer... around 10 seconds or so.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I tried running aistorui.exe as Administrator. It still hangs after rendering only the border of the GUI window. Also, based on hints in another thread regarding aistorui.exe issues I turned on .Net 3.5 in addition to .Net 4.0. I recognize that I do get some information during POST.

0 Kudos