Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Intel hd graphics 3000, windows 10

MMath9
Beginner

Hi,

I can't use minecraft (openGl / Java) on win 10 with msi cr640 (intel hd graphic in intel pentium), (i'm french so not really good english). Can u give me help please.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Intel HD 3000 Graphics are not supported on WIndows 10:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products

Doc

0 Kudos
MMath9
Beginner

In my computer i've

Processeur Intel® Pentium® B950 (2,10 GHz)

with intel hd graphics 3000

Intel HD Graphics it's write no driver for win10 but for my processor it's write yes.

When i click in your doc on "http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/intel-hd-graphics-for-intel-pentium-processors.html Intel® Pentium® Processor 3000/G3000 Series with Intel® HD Graphics" (so win10 support) but no driver after windows 7

Can u give me a link for driver (i've try a lot of things)

For example my crash report of minecraft :

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Sorry

Time: 27/11/16 00:45

Description: Initializing game

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:247)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)

at beq.ap(SourceFile:597)

at beq.an(SourceFile:433)

at beq.a(SourceFile:380)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:124)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --

Thread: Client thread

Stacktrace:

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:247)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)

at beq.ap(SourceFile:597)

at beq.an(SourceFile:433)

-- Initialization --

Details:

Stacktrace:

at beq.a(SourceFile:380)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:124)

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.11

Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0

Java Version: 1.8.0_101, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 49494728 bytes (47 MB) / 151855104 bytes (144 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)

JVM Flags: 6 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

Launched Version: 1.11

LWJGL: 2.9.4

OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.

GL Caps:

Using VBOs: Yes

Is Modded: Probably not. Jar signature remains and client brand is untouched.

Type: Client (map_client.txt)

Resource Packs:

Current Language: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

CPU:

Why C...

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You don't understand. Your processor is not supported for Windows 10. There is no driver for Intel HD Graphics 3000 for Windows 10. That said, your processor (and its graphics engine) will be supported by the compatibility driver build into Windows 10. While this will work, support is not going to be optimal.

If a particular game is having issues running on a particular graphics engine using the Windows 10 compatibility driver, there is no resolution; your only option is to downgrade back to Windows 7.

Sorry, but this is the reality of the situation. Your computer is simply too old for full Windows 10 support.

...S

0 Kudos
AJana1
Valued Contributor I

Bonjour,

Please take a look at http://ark.intel.com/products/55627 Intel® Pentium® Processor B950 (2M Cache, 2.10 GHz) Specifications to find more information about your processors.

http://www.realtech-vr.com/support/download.php http://www.realtech-vr.com/support/download.php , you can download some a software like OpenGL Extensions Viewer to check the supported information on OpenGL, that might reflects the problem happened on the driver or the GPU.

I am so glad to hear your further replies, and want to solve your problem, if I am not blocked on the forum unfairly!

Best Regards,

Aaron Janagewen

0 Kudos
MMath9
Beginner

Ok, at the start i don't have see can't but can, so how to downgrad to windows 7 (in setting i can downgrad (no windows.old and 1 year on win10) or iso, usb, bios and install ?). Thanks.

0 Kudos
AJana1
Valued Contributor I

I think you might reply to others rather than me. OK, your processor is supported by Windows 10! Microsoft provides the GPU driver through the update channels. But whether that DRIVER support the openGL which your game requires I have no ideas. Your laptop was born with the time Windows 7 was popular, why not just contact the manufacturers to ask for the recovery media? Windows 7 has already reached to its end-of-support, so you can never obtain it on the retail channel.

Good Luck!

Aaron Janagewen

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Aaron: No, the processor is NOT supported on Windows 10: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000006105.html Intel® Processor Support for Microsoft Windows® 10

Doc

0 Kudos
MMath9
Beginner

Ok but how to downgrad to win 7?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sorry, if you don't have restore files (Windows.old), there is no way to downgrade other than to manually install Windows 7 from scratch.

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Aaron: No, wrong, the Windows (extended) end-of-support date is 1/14/2020. You can still purchase most Windows 7 versions in the retail channel (just check Amazon, for example).

0 Kudos
MMath9
Beginner

oK it's no a problem to erase just bored to do. Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It should still be possible to have this working. Try the latest drivers from Intel.

Depending on whether your OS is 32-bit or 64-bit, try https://downloadcenter.intel.com/fr/download/24970/Pilote-pour-Graphiques-HD-Intel-pour-Windows-7-8-8-1-32bit the 32-bit driver or https://downloadcenter.intel.com/fr/download/24971/Pilote-pour-Graphiques-HD-Intel-pour-Windows-7-8-64-bits the 64-bit driver.

While there is no Windows 10-specific driver here, it should still work.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, you don't want to use these drivers; they are not intended for Windows 10, haven't been validated to work with Windows 10 and attempting to use them with Windows 10 will cause problems as a result. If you are going to stick with Windows 10, you are better off using the compatibility driver that is included in Windows 10 (though, unfortunately, it isn't going to provide the acceleration required by some games)...

...S

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Bjr49000 : You can try the compatibility driver too, but as Scott told you it's likely to lack acceleration support, and considering the "Pixel format not accelerated" message is related to acceleration, it will probably just not work with Minecraft.

Now back to the Intel drivers, it's likely that a later feature update will break compatibility, but it's likely that it still works nowadays.

I would advise that you try both.

There's also the option of forcing other Windows 10 Intel HD graphics drivers on this device, but that's tricky, and unsupported too, of course.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Bjr49000,

I just would like to verify if you have further inquiries.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Bjr49000,

Here double checking if you have any additional questions.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
BRadm
Beginner

OK. I had this exact same problem. I upgraded to Windows 10, and I had problems with Minecraft. At first, things worked fine with Minecraft 1.11 (the latest version), but not with Minecraft version 1.8 - where I left off when I played last in 2015. All the worlds, resource packs and other things I needed were still version 1.8. That's why I needed things to work with this older version of Minecraft, at least for now.

***Every suggestion I tried made things worse, until eventually I received the same error message you have, no matter what version I tried to play.

Eventually, I read somewhere that Minecraft won't work with newer versions of Java - at least not with my computer, or maybe not with this video chipset. The recommendation was to download, install, and then point Minecraft to a version earlier than "60." All I know is that I downloaded Java jre-8u51-windows-x64.exe, installed it, and then selected this version and path for my Minecraft profiles, and now everything works, no matter if I run the latest version of Minecraft, or my old 1.8 stuff.

Here's where I downloaded the older version of Java. You need to create an account on the Oracle site to actually download anything.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html# jre-8u51-oth-JPR Java Archive Downloads - Java SE 8

Then, it's a matter of pointing Minecraft to where the binary is located on your hard drive, for the "51" version you installed. For example, I installed to the default location, so this is what I typed into my Profile Editor, where it says "Java Settings (Advanced)".

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_51\bin\javaw.exe

Of course, you have to check the box to the left of this, which is labeled as "Executable". Basically, this allows you to point the game at whatever version of Java you have installed.

So, installing and referencing an older 64-bit version of Java worked for me. Maybe it will work for you also. Good luck.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the contribution, very informative and useful probably for the issue, radman63

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
BRadm
Beginner

You're welcome. You guys can't be expected to know how your chips perform with every piece of software out there, but I just happened to have the exact same thing happen, and found this while searching the specific error message in Google.

The people here are probably right. You don't offer a specific Windows 10 version of the driver, but whatever I have (Microsoft version or whatever), will run Minecraft in Windows 10 with your graphics chip. It's other things that seem to be the issue, or how you configure Minecraft to work. I've seen other applications that only work with certain, and not necessary the latest, versions of Java also.

I'm just anxious to see if we hear back from the original poster, and if it solves their problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the quick answer, radman63

Lets see how it goes for Bjr49000

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos