Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14534 Discussions

XTU: Advanced Tuning is greyed out

PPhil3
Beginner

Hi,

I've installed the XTU Utility and tried to fiddle around with my configuration. Unfortunately the "Advanced Tuning" section is completely greyed out:

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

System:

Intel i7-870

ASRock P55 Deluxe3

Windows 7 64 Bit

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Nuc!eoN,

The reason why you are not able to see this is because the Intel® Core™ i7-970 Processor cannot be overclocked, therefore the options under "Advanced Tunning" are not available.

The board is not able to OC either as per chipset P55 features.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
PPhil3
Beginner

Hello Intel

I do not own the i7-970. I own the i7-870.

My motherboard has extensive OC capabilities, both from BIOS (including dynamic vcore) or from the ASRock OC Tuner (Voltage, multiplier, hw monitoring etc...).

At the VERY least it should be possible to toggle Turbo Boost.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Nuc!eoN,

Thanks for the reply.

The Intel® Core™ i7-870 Processor cannot be overclocked, only processors that have an "x" or "k" in its code name are unlocked which means they can be overclocked.

Regarding Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, it is typically enabled by default. You can only disable and enable the technology through a switch in the BIOS. No other user controllable settings are available. Once enabled, Intel® Turbo Boost Technology works automatically under operating system control.

For more information about this technology, I recommend checking this link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005641.html Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Turbo Boost Technology

If any additional inquiries are present, feel free to let me know

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos