Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (G1820)

TThia
Beginner

So I build a machine with this Celeron G1820 processor and installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on it. The problem is I'm getting this error frequently and when it happens, the screen goes black and turns on in 1 second, sometimes crashing applications.

At first I suspected this was a driver problem, so I updated it to the latest version (15.36.31.4414) but nothing changed, then I proceeded to format the HDD and reinstall the OS, same thing. Then I suspected this could be a motherboard problem and I updated it, no dice. Later I decided to get return this motherboard and get another from a different model and manufacturer (Asus H81M-CS), updated it to the latest version and everything, and even changed the RAM modules, but the damn error kept happening.

I really don't know what to do, I've installed the latest drivers for everything, every Windows update, updated the BIOS, changed the mobo, changed RAMs, formatted and reinstalled the OS, but the error doesn't wants to go away. Someone please, help me.

This is a print from the Event Viewer showing the error

And this is my setup (I'm currently using this old GT210 to avoid the error)

0 Kudos
29 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo.,

In regard to your concern for testing porpuses, I would like you to please complete a manual install of the following drivers and let me know if you were able to solve the issue with any of them.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005474.html How to Manually Install a Graphics Driver in Windows 7*

Let me know the results with both of the following drivers:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25588/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=81496 Version: 15.36.28.4332 (Previously Released) Date: 12/11/2015

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25425/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=81496 Version: 15.36.26.4294 (Previously Released) Date: 10/9/2015

Hope I can hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
TThia
Beginner

Hey Angie, first thanks for the answer. I tried the versions you recommended but I'm still getting the same error. I even tried the Windows Update recommended driver ( Version 15.36.26.4264 - 10.18.14.4264) but no luck.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo.,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I will proceed to do a second and extensive research of your concern. As one last detail that I will need; could you please complete the following information:

CategoryQuestionsAnswers (N/A if not applicable)DescriptionProvide a detailed description of the issue Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")</span>

Always (100%):

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):</span>Hardware (HW)Brand and Model of the system. Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too? Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below). Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc <span style="border: none windowtext 1.0pt; padding: 0in; color: # 3D...
0 Kudos
TThia
Beginner
CategoryQuestionsAnswers (N/A if not applicable)DescriptionProvide a detailed description of the issue Randomly getting a "Display driver stopped responding and recovered" error.Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")</span>

Always (100%):

Often (51-99%):X

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):</span>Hardware (HW)Brand and Model of the system. N/AHybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too? Nvidia GT210 to avoid the error showing everytime.Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) External Flat Panel (LG W1642C)How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below). 4GBProvide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc N/A<td style="padding: 0 5.4pt; border-top: none; border-right: 1pt...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo.,

Thanks for your reply.

We will continue with the investigation of your matter.

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
TThia
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo.,

I do apologize for the delay on my reply.

We are still working with your concern, as we have further details we will let you know.

We will try to contact you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo.,

I would like to confirm some additional details with you.

Could you please provide us the following reports (on each link you will be able to download the tool for the report that we need):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Once that you reply, we will continue with the investigation.

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo.,

Please help us to confirm the results of the following reports (on each link you will be able to download the tool for the report that we need):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Once that you reply, we will continue with the investigation.

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
TThia
Beginner

Sorry to have kept you waiting, I was on a travel. Here are the reports

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo.,

Thanks for your reply.

We will continue with the investigation of your concern, based on what you have provided.

As soon as we have further details, we will let you know our findings.

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo.,

Thank you for your valuable time.

We are still working on the investigation of your concern.

Once that we have any outcomes we will inform you.

Regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo.,

Thank you for your time.

I am still working on your concern.

With the information provided, I was able to see that your equipment where you can see the issue is an Asus.

1. Could you please confirm the model of your equipment or the model of the motherboard?

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
TThia
Beginner

Yes, it's an Asus H81M-CS/BR, but I don't think the motherboard could be related to the problem since the same thing used to happen when I had an PCWARE IPMH81G1.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo.,

Thank you for your reply,

As one more attempt, could you please go to the following link, and try to install the graphic driver provided by your manufacturer(OEM).

https://www.asus.com/br/Motherboards/H81MCSBR/HelpDesk_Download/ Asus Drivers for H81M-CS/BR

Please let me know how it goes in order to further assist you if required.

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
TThia
Beginner

I tried the version mentioned, which seemed to be pretty outdated (15.36.19.64.4170), but it seems that the errors happened more often. I just saw that there was a new update available on my igpu page, I'll be testing and I'll tell you if something changes.

0 Kudos
TThia
Beginner

And the problem persists...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo,

Can you please confirm the new driver you tried is .4578?

If it is not, please download and install it and let me know how it goes:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26544/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=78955 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7*/8.1* [15.36]

Please select the 2nd download (from top to the bottom).

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
TThia
Beginner

Yep, 4578.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo.,

I am sorry to hear you keep on having the issue.

Since you filled the default level information for reporting Graphics issues, I am requiring the following in order to escalate the case to the corresponding support team:

DxDiag Instructions:

1. Click on the "Start Menu" -> Type "DxDiag" -> Press "Enter" -> Wait for the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to finish loading
  2. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, click "Save All Information" -> Save the file DxDiag.txt
  3. Include DxDiag.txt as an attachment in the Intel Community Forum
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos