Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Problem with installing Realsense R200

idata
Employee

I'm unable to install the DCM because the realsense is not getting detected.

I'm using the following executable: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager Download Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager

In device manager, I'm able to see the following:

Kindly guide me how I can install the proper realsense drivers/software.

Regards

Anupam

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Anupam,

We can help you if you'll like to try some troubleshooting. It's important to emphasize that an Intel core 6th generation processor running windows 10 are the official system requirements.

It may or may not work with an Intel core 4th generation running windows 8.1, but that is not a supported system.

Also, make sure that you are using a 3.0 USB port to connect your camera.

Additionally, we would like to have a system information file of your computer. To generate it, please press on your keyboard WinLogo + r, then enter msinfo32, then click on File >> Export. This process might take some minutes, once you have generated that file please send it to us via email.

Also, I would like you to collect all the installation logs (from the DCM installation) from these directories:

• %temp%\micl_tmp_%username%

• %windir%\Temp\micl_tmp_SYSTEM

• %windir%\INF\setupapi.*

%TEMP% is typically, "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp." %windir% is typically "C:\Windows".

Once we have that information we will be able to provide better assistance.

Regards,

Andres

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Anupam,

I was wondering if you had the chance to check for the suggestions provided.

Regards,

Andres

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Andres

Apologies for the delay. Please find the suggested content attached.

The processor is 3rd Gen (No support?)

Only the pid_8536*log was updated on running the DCM. Please suggest how to proceed.

Regards

Anupam

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Anupam,

Unfortunately, the RealSense F200 is not supported when used with a 3rd generation i7 microprocessor.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Andres

Please note this is the Realsense R200. I also tried it on another PC with the following configuration:

It still shows me the same error.

Snapshot of Device Manager:

Please find the other files attached.

Regards

Anupam

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Anupam,

Unfortunately, the RealSense R200 is not supported when used with a 4rd generation i7 microprocessor. It's important to emphasize that an Intel core 6th generation processor running Windows 10 are the official system requirements.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Andres

I'm buying a new system for the development. Following are the specs:

Lenovo X260 6th Gen Business Series Notebook

Core i7 6500U 6th Generation Processor/12.5" HD Screen/8 Gb RAM DDR 4/512 GB SSD/no DVD-Writer/1.3 KG/Webcam/bluetooth/WiFi/Windows 10

Could you please confirm if these are supported? Also, I couldn't find the official system requirements page for R200. Please point me to the same.

Regards

Anupam

0 Kudos
NKara1
Beginner

Hi Anupam,

I have to tell you that my laptop also 3rd generation Processor core i7, but miraculously, I could install and run the SDK.

And did you change your cable? because if you use another cable, it has to be high quality one, otherwise, it could be problem also.

Even your OS also can be problem, my friend said if my Windows 10 is localize version, its not supported also.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Anupam,

If you are using Windows 8.1, 64-bit, you'll need a 4th generation (or later) Intel Core processor, USB 3.0 interface. Check this link https://software.intel.com/en-us/RealSense/R200Camera, under Development Requirements.

If you are using Windows 10, 64-bit, you'll need a 6th generation Intel Core processor, USB 3.0 interface.

With that in mind, the system that you want is compatible with your R200 camera.

Regards,

Andres

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok, this is getting really confusing/interesting

The R200 camera I had been trying to use until now is an Engineering Sample. I took another Realsense R200 device which was available in the lab and was able to get it working in both Windows as well as Ubuntu (using librealsense) on Intel 3rd Generation processor.

Andres

- Could you please explain the dependency on 4th Gen+ processors? Is it some specialized hardware which the Realsense interacts with?

- Is there a way to update the firmware of the Engineering Sample which I have so that it's compatible with the current line of software tools?

Thanks

Anupam

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Anupam,

The first thing that you should keep in mind is that the support is provided with the retail version in mind. That's because there is no way for us to know the differences between the Engineering Sample (the one that you have in your hands) and the final product.

The dependency of a specific product to a processor is difficult to determine, since there are several variables that the engineers may take into account when developing an artifact. So talking about a certain feature that enables the RealSense camera to work with one processor and not the other is not a simple task.

The firmware updates are engineered with the retail version in mind, so the software tools available may or may not work with your Engineering Sample, there is no way for us to know.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the continuous support Andres. I'll continue to work with the retail version. However, please do let me know if you're able to find a way to use the engineering sample.

Regards

Anupam

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Anupam,

You are welcome.

I'll let you know through this community if I find a way to use your engineering sample.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos