Items with no label
3335 Discussions

RealSense SDK use with Surface Book cameras

JJame13
Beginner

Hi all,

I asked this question over on the https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/704405 developer zone forums with a response that I would need to advise my customers to purchase RealSense specific cameras in order to benefit from the capabilities from the SDK.

Is there a possibility that other third-party cameras which support almost identical functionality like those in the Surface Book for Windows Hello be used with the SDK at some point in the future or the SDK be opened up for third-parties to update the SDK to support other cameras? The reason I ask is that RealSense SDK has this amazing feature that's available for UWP applications that allows for facial recognition out-of-the-box.

If this isn't possible, I will explore other alternatives with the possibility of writing the facial recognition logic.

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi James,

Thank you for your interest in the RealSense SDK. We are glad to know you find it useful.

At this moment, the SDK works only with the RealSense cameras and there are no plans to expand its functionality to third party cameras.

Hopefully this answers your question.

Regards,

-Pablo

View solution in original post

1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi James,

Thank you for your interest in the RealSense SDK. We are glad to know you find it useful.

At this moment, the SDK works only with the RealSense cameras and there are no plans to expand its functionality to third party cameras.

Hopefully this answers your question.

Regards,

-Pablo