Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

Low resolution cursor when adjusting saturation

idata
Employee

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T460S with an i5 6200U with Intel HD Graphics 520. When I adjust the saturation via the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, a weird problem occurs. At first everything is normal, but as soon as you move your cursor over some text and the cursor changes to the beam, and then go back to anywhere else on the screen so the normal pointer appears again, the quality of the mouse decreases dramaticaly. When you set the saturation slider back to 0, the problem disappears.

I have already tried to completely uninstall the GPU drivers via Display Driver Uninstaller and installing the newest driver on the Drivers page from Lenovo. Unfortunately, it changes nothing.

Please help me, since the colors on standard settings look quite dull.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello JoSp,

Could you please let me know your operating system and the driver version you are running? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Amy,

I am running Windows 10 Home x64, and the driver version is 21.20.16.4534.

Thanks,

Joren.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Joren, let's try updating that version to the latest; see here for the latest version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26404/Intel-Graphics-Driver-15-45-?product=88355 Download Intel® Graphics Driver [15.45]. Use this method for the installation; http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows...

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I have tried to install the latest drivers by downloading the .zip and installing the drivers throught the device manager, unfortunately without any luck. Do you have any more suggestions?

Thanks,

Joren.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Amy,

I tried all of the above, but the problem still persists. I have also checked with 2 friends who have the exact same laptop as me, and the problem also exists on their laptops.

Also, I made some pictures of the cursor with and without the saturation adjusted: http://imgur.com/gallery/d1pi4 Low Quality Cursor Saturation Intel HD Graphics 520 - Album on Imgur . I don't think that is supposed to happen.

Cheers,

Joren.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the pictures.

Could you please try adding an external TV or monitor and check if the issue persists?

Let's try with an older driver version, use this one https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26099/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88355 Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40].

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Amy,

Tried to connect the laptop to my desktop monitor (an LG 27EA53 1080p 27"), but the problem is there, even on stock settings (so it's even worse there). The older driver didn't help either.

Here is a screenshot from the external monitor: https://goo.gl/AzwZp0

Thanks,

Joren.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for trying the suggestions.

We have some similar reports with the mouse pointer that are under investigation; they may not be the same, but some how they relate. See here for some of them;

ugly jagged edges">javascript:;

Since you mentioned that this does not happen in other computers, I would recommend getting in contact with Lenovo. This may be an isolate case, and it is possible that they are aware of the situation. If that is the case they should be able to provide more troubleshooting steps.

Let me know if you already talked to them.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Joren, please let me know if you were able to contact Lenovo.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Amy,

I contacted Lenovo. They just said the same as you, to update the newest drivers, older drivers, ...

Also, think you misunderstood what I said, I meant that my friends with the same laptop also have the same problem.

For now, I just turned the saturation back to 0, I'll just wait until there is a fix.

Thanks,

Joren Spinnoy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Joren, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Let me review your case one more time, as soon as I have more information I will update the thread.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I apologize for the delay.

I am still reviewing your case, I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank for your patience.

I just wanted to let you know the following;

"We have a fix for this issue already, and we are currently testing it just to make sure nothing else gets broken.

Our goal is to include this fix in the next15.45 (6th and 7th Generation) driver release.

As soon as I have more information I'll post it here."

This statement is from of our graphics engineers, this can be found here; post # 91. To get more details in regard to this fix, check the link I provided.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos