Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7447 Discussions

Use Windows Logon feature isn't working with Open ->WEP ->TTLS ->PAP

idata
Employee

Windows

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to understand why with Windows 7, I can't user the option "Use Windows Logon" that never failed in Windows XP, and in fact, the XP machines, are not having problems. So, I'm tried to configure this, with the lastest driver, and after logon, always, A question Win7 baloon appear in the bottom of the screen and I have to put my user and password everytime Manually.

The PC is a Lenovo T410 and the card is a Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200, Windows 7 Pro 64Bits edition. Driver and Proset version: 15.1.1.1.

Do you have any idea to route my solution search?

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Thank you for your post.

If you are planning on using the same pre-logon feature like in Windows* XP then that would be the cause. After Windows* XP Microsoft changed a lot of services and security features where the wireless pre-logon feature was seen as a security issue. in specific system setups you may get this to work using the "Windows* zero config software" please verify with Microsoft* for the steps to use this.

0 Kudos