Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Problems scaling full screen w/ Intel HD Graphics

idata
Employee

My problem is, when I play a video game, my video card driver doesn't stretch the game full screen anymore, even though I have it set in the software to do so. This causes me to have to set the resolution in my game to the same as my monitor, and it crashes the game after playing 5 minutes.

Running Windows 7 64 bit on Dell N5010 laptop

I bought my laptop in 2010 and back then I was able to run all of my games fine. I could right click on my desktop, and set my video software to stretch my games to full screen without changing the resolution in the game. ............. Well, since then, I had to send my laptop in to get it fixed (wouldn't boot). They had to replace the hard drive to fix it. Well, of course they sent the laptop back to me without any of the original drivers, so I had to download all the drivers. ............. My problem is, when I play a video game, it doesn't stretch full screen anymore, even though I have it set in the software to do so. The settings are not holding. In fact, I didn't even have to change the settings to full screen, it was already set, and won't let me even change it to "center". I have tried multiple drivers from the Intel sight, all for 64 bit Windows 7. I even tried the drivers from last year. They all run the same software interface on the desktop, and all don't give me what I used to have. Do I have to do something extra when I install a different driver perhaps? Something that uninstalls the graphics software perhaps? Has anyone had this issue with the Intel HD graphics before?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Okay, this might take a minute to read, but I believe I have a solution.

I was playing maplestory (yes I play maplestory...) and normally I have black bars on the sides (when I don't it look like crap).

When I opened the game again this morning, it was stretched (I hadn't changed any options manually)

After about 3 hours of searching forums and such, I gave up looking and started figiting with options.

I found that when you change the screen resolution (normally not ingame) other scaling options come up that are not available in others ( I have been running 1920x1080 since I got this his laptop, it's a dell studio, but it has the same Graphics card).

I switched my res to 1280x1024, opened the advanced res options, clicked the Intel graphics tab on top ( above the other tabs) and the bottem option, scaling,

was set to Scale full screen ( I assume this is what your looking for) I hit the drop down and found maintain aspect ratio.

I got my picture back to the way it was. I'm pretty sure if you we're to go into this resolution ( or what ever your game runs in/something close to what your game runs in ) you could hit the Scale full screen option and get it to play your games with out black bars.

If you want the step-by-step

1. Go into your Resolution options. ( You'll want to know what res is native to your game )

2. When you have changed the res to what you need, Click advanced settings.

3. The top tab should say something like "Intel(R) Graphics and Media control panel", Click it.

4. Go to the scaling drop tab and select "Scale Full Screen" and Apply it.

5. Go back to your Resolution options and set the screen back to your preferred Resolution Settings ( mine Is 1920x1080 )

6. Test your game to see if it worked.

I hope this helps, it worked for me.

idata
Employee

Thank you very much. I've tried everything else. Your ideea was great.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please ! i have the same problem !! but i dunno what to do !! i,ve followed ur steps but at point 3 i couldn't find the (Scaling) i didnt find this one !

my laptop type : HP Intel core i5 G6 (Windows 7)

Graphic card = Intel(R) HD Family Card And Media Control Panal

what should i do ! please help

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

all you have to do, is from the desktop, change your computers resolution to 1024x768. Then right click the desktop again, graphics options, panel fit, and select scale full screen.

When you do this, the 1024x768 resolution will have boxes on the left and right. That is how you know you got it right. You then change your resolution back to it's recommended setting, and the boxes go away. After that, when you play a video game, it will be full screen.

Works for me like a charm

JGome27
Beginner

It worked perfectly......thank you for sharing with us what to do in order to solve that issue.....Thanks man!

0 Kudos
kyork1
Beginner

what do i do if i dont have the scale fullscreen option?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Please try opening a new thread. I need the following information:

What is the Intel® Graphics Controller model?

I need the processor model number.

Which version of Windows do you have?

If possible, your current Intel(R) Graphics Driver version

Description of your issue.

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

That worked, Thanks allot! What's strange is, I was also playing a nexon game... (Combat arms) Must have something to do with nexon games.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos